Resource Management Officer
Position Title : Resource Management Officer Duty Station : Kigali, Rwanda Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3 Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible Closing Date : 18 July 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM’s main activities in Rwanda to date are related to the socio-economic reintegration of returnees in collaboration with the Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugees Affairs (since 2010) and now with a new project as part of joint One UN / Government of Rwanda Return and Reintegration programme where IOM is providing vocational training.
Following the civil war in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), IOM is also currently heavily involved in resettlement of Congolese refugees mainly to USA, Australia, Finland, Canada and UK.
IOM also is working to strengthen the capacity of the Government of Rwanda and other stakeholders engaged in labour migration management to systematically manage and regulate labour migration. A new project has also been agreed with the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration to support them to devise a comprehensive and integrated IT strategy for border management.
IOM has also has worked previous in the areas of diaspora engagement and counter trafficking (in collaboration of Rwanda Diaspora Directorate whereby diaspora members were mobilized and sensitized to share their skills through temporally practice in local hospitals. Additionally, raising awareness in preventing human trafficking in collaboration of Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion and National police). IOM is currently pursuing new potential projects in both these areas as well as border management.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Rwanda, and in close collaboration with the Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa in Nairobi, the Department of Resource Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQs) and the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary, financial, human resources, and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the whole Mission.
In coordination with relevant HQs units, produce permanent instructions and procedures to complement or to adapt the general instructions of IOM, taking into consideration the volume of activities, staffing and the constraints and specific needs, namely in the areas of general administration, finance, procurement and human resources.
Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in the Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects, identify risks and initiate mitigation measures in coordination with the project managers.
Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud. Strengthen internal controls by documenting and streamlining approval processes, including control of accounts and control of cash management.
Supervise management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
Prepare annual budget for the Mission, oversee budget control process and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures.
Assist the CoM and Project Managers in the preparation of projects/programmes and budget proposals as well as in the preparation of budgets for new projects involving activities in the mission.
Supervise and coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
Assist the CoM in managing the human resources function and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion, and separation of local staff. Interpret and apply Human Resources (HR) policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
Supervise the IT, procurement, and logistics services including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and relevant authorities. Oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of building as well as the functioning of all support services.
Supervise and train staff in relevant areas of administration, finance, procurement and compliance with IOM policies and procedures.
Liaise with relevant units at HQs and Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), as well as relevant external counterparts with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the
Mission; report regularly on the financial situation of the Mission and provide other information as necessary.
Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes) on matters related to IOM administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and human resources problems with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
Review and give first hand advice on all contracts, agreements to which IOM Rwanda gets into prior to final endorsement by LEG as well as ensuring that amendments and renewals are followed up on.
In coordination with the Regional Field Security Officer act as the Missions Security focal point (SFP) assisting the Chief of Mission in liaison with local UNDSS and following up on all issues in respect to compliance of MORSS and MOSS in the mission
Represent the mission in the ONE UN Operations Management Team and equally ensures active participation of key resource management staff in the respective ONE UN Working groups (Procurement, HR, IT and finance).
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in in Finances, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Management experience at the international level, accompanied by background in finance, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of human resource management; cash management , Procurement and internal control procedures; • Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions; • Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies and procedures; • Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; • Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French, Kinyarwanda and Kiswahili is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others; • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; • Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter; • Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation; • Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 July 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.07.2016 to 18.07.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/139 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Kigali, Rwanda (54826913) Released Posting: Posting NC54826914 (54826914) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-18