Hospital Coordinator to be based in Raja, South Sudan
Raja | Juba
The Cordaid Country office in South Sudan**,** is looking for a Hospital Coordinator to be based in Raja.
Cordaid is applying to the Health Pooled Fund in consortium with Healthnet TPO for Lot 6 under the HPF Request for Proposals. Lot 5 includes support to among others Raja Hospital. For this hospital Cordaid is looking for a Hospital Coordinator to be based in Raja Town. The expected start date of the Hospital Coordinator is 1 October 2016. The selected candidate should be willing to sign a statement confirming his/her present intention to serve in the stated position and his/her present. A contract will be offered in case of a successful bid.
Position and responsibility
The Hospital Coordinator will be responsible for support to the Hospital management. The Hospital Coordinator will be based in Raja.
Program Management and Development
- Manage the HPF program activities at Raja Hospital on behalf of the consortium and the Ministry of Health
- Work with key hospital staff in the day to day planning and management of Raja Hospital activities under the grant.
- Maintain high, cordial and professional working relationship with fellow hospital staff, state ministry of health and other actors in the state
- Advise and support the Hospital Director in the management of hospital activities
- Provide technical support to the Hospital management Team and ensure timely implementation of activities
- Work with the state and the hospital management to improve the referral links among the various health care facilities in the state.
- Organize a baseline study at the start of the project and monitor the progress of the project based on agreed activity lines.
- Participate in all the meetings as planned and conducted by the hospital management team. These meetings will be properly documented and will form part of the periodic reviews of this project.
- Identify hospital staffing gaps, develop terms of reference and support the state to recruit staff for the hospital as planned by the project
- Plan, support and coordinate routine clinical meetings with hospital staff (morbidity/ mortality meetings)
- Plan and conduct quarterly review meetings of the project with the participation of the State Ministry of Health.
- Track, approve and review field purchase requests and ensure monthly financial reporting is undertaken
- Attend relevant coordination meetings at the state feedback to Cordaid Juba Office and HPF as may be necessary.
- Work with the delegated personnel to ensure supply chain management is adequately handled (selection, procurement, storage, distribution, utilization and reporting).
- Ensure donor compliance at every stage in the implementation of this project. This includes compliance in the areas of financial expenditures, procurements, use of equipment etc.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to the Health Project Manager/Health Advisor
- Manage all Security, logistics, and procurement issues of the project in liaison with the Juba office.
Human Resources and Technical Support
Provide technical support to the hospital management team.
Plan and support short term clinical trainings to hospital staff, based on regular training needs assessments.
Work closely with the Hospital Medical Director and Hospital Administrator to review and update job descriptions of existing clinical staff.
Work with Hospital Medical Director and hospital administrator to Identify hospital staffing gaps, develop terms of reference and recruit staff to fill the gaps
Plan, support and coordinate routine clinical meetings with hospital staff (morbidity/ mortality meetings.
Coordination and representation
- Participate in all the meetings as planned and conducted by the daily hospital management team. These meetings will be properly documented and will form part of the periodic reviews of this project.
- Attend relevant coordination meetings organised by the consortium lead and represent Cordaid at all fora in (State Ministry of Health). Provide adequate feedback to Cordaid Juba Office as may be necessary.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Plan and conduct quarterly review meetings of the project.
Review and analyze quarterly financial donor reports.
Prepare and submit the first draft of quarterly donor reports to the Health Program Manager.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or Nursing from a recognized University with a masters in Public health or Health administration
At least 5 Years’ experience in management of projects
Grants, Budget and Human Resources Management is an added advantage
Ability to plan and facilitate clinical trainings.
A good understanding and experience of working with County Health Officials, State Ministry Officials, Donors and Un agencies
Previous experience of working in South Sudan is considered an advantage
Specifics of station
The Hospital coordinator will be based in Raja. This is a non-accompanied posting
In case of a successful bid the contract period is for 6 months starting 1 October 2016, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package including comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. Andrew Ngugi on of before 13 July 2016.
Please note that we accept applications through our website only: https://www.cordaid.org/en/vacancies/hospital-coordinator-south-sudan-raja/ then select the relevant vacancy, and click on the ‘apply’ button.
- Organization: Cordaid - Catholic Organisation for Relief and Development Aid
- Location: Raja | Juba
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Medical Practitioners
- Closing Date: 2016-07-13