Head, Global User Support
Position Title : Head, Global User Support Duty Station : Manila, Philippines Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 July 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
This position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Information Officer and direct supervision of the Chief Global ITC Operations, in close coordination with other unit heads within ICT division, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, design, implementation and management of a continual service improvement program to enhance global user experience with IT tools and services. Especially he/she will:
Manage Global User Support services in the division (MAC, HQ and PAC) to ensure that users are receiving the appropriate assistance with timely escalation of issues at local, regional and central level;
• Design and implement business process analysis and engineering by establishing appropriate workflows, SLA and escalation procedures for Global User Support;
• Identify opportunities for synergy and integration to attain optimum effectiveness and efficiency in the designed processes to improve user satisfaction.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Define and implement Global User Support operations policies and procedures.
Manage the design and development of the continual service improvement program and infrastructure in Global Support Unit.
Work with service owners within ICT as well as other business partners to define key performance indicators (KPIs) for Global Support Unit.
Define service levels, service agreements and manage Global User Support operation.
Assign service improvement role and responsibilities to the user support staff.
Coordinate with service owners within ICT Division and with other relevant units to identify improvement opportunities.
Liaise with various service managers in the Organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved service processes.
In coordination with other unit heads within ICT division, contribute to collect and analyze business requirements and liaise with business partners, possible redesign of processes and procedures in the area of Global User Support.
Develop and establish processes to identify, track, escalate, resolve and report customer problems.
Defines standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
Identify needs and expectations of clients and stakeholders; communicate those to subject matter experts and other stakeholders throughout the design, build and rollout phases, and act on needs and expectations.
Manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services and support to internal and external users and ensure that service levels are achieved. Ensure the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations with regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks to provide an effective customer service, and the standards and processes are followed in meeting these requirements.
Ensure staff development and strengthen capacity to address gaps in knowledge, technical and behavioral competencies and to respond to customer demands. Coordinate with Staff Development and Learning for training needs and capacity building.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration/Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills.
• Experience in customer relations or relevant functional role.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 21 July 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 08.07.2016 to 21.07.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/141 (P) - Head, Global User Support (P3) - Manila, Philippines (54823559) Released
Posting: Posting NC54828278 (54828278) Released