ABA ROLI Program Manager, LAC
Washington DC | Washington D.C
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The Program Manager (PM) manages DC program support staff to ensure provision of the full range of support to field programs; and/or serves as primary manager of one or more specialized country programs that do not have a primary field-based manager or where primary donor relations take place in the US; and/or serves as US-based manager with primary direction and supervisory authority over a field-based manager; responsible for program and business development including writing grant proposals and making new donor contacts; makes field-based visits to assess programs and manage funder relations.
· Manages the day-to-day organization and implementation of one or more programs or projects, including planning projects, overseeing budgets, and ensuring compliance with ABA policies.
· Advises member leaders on strategy and procedures, including analysis of opportunities and risks, to ensure projects move forward in a productive manner.
· Serves as principal point of contact for projects, both internally and externally. Initiates regular communications with member leaders and staff, including reporting on progress and results.
· Coordinates with other interested entities on joint projects, proactively seeking both internal and external partners. This responsibility may include solicitation and management of sponsorship revenue.
· Supervises one or more staff members, directly or indirectly, as appropriate to the project. Responsibilities may include recruitment, orientation, ongoing mentoring and annual performance evaluations.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience) and four years’ work experience
· Management and/or supervisory experience, preferably in an association or non-profit setting to include analytical problem solving ability, and programmatic and policy development;
· Some research and writing skills, substantive budgeting experience;
· Meeting planning experience a must;
· Master’s degree in International Development or related field or law degree
· Fluency in Spanish highly preferred, fluency in French would be a plus
· Experience managing USG-funded grant programs
· Experience conducting business development, and proposal development including program design, monitoring and evaluation, and budgets
· Fundraising experience
· Availability for periodic field travel (up to 25%)
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. **Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.**
- Organization: ABA - American Bar Association
- Location: Washington DC | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-26