Proposal Development Coordinator
Atlanta | Washington D.C.
CARE is seeking a Proposal Development Coordinator (PDC) that will play a key role in assisting in the development of proposals, primarily to the US Government as a part of the Competitive Bids Unit (CBU). This role includes: coordinating CBU support to CARE County Office(s) (COs) responding to USG bids, as assigned; liaising with partners; helping conceptualize the CARE role in potential projects; reviewing draft proposals; leading proposal development efforts, as assigned, and on occasion being deployed to the field to write proposals. The Proposal Development Coordinator serves as the Unit's primary editor of technical proposals. In addition, the Proposal Development Coordinator works closely with the other members of the Competitive Bids Unit and with COs and HQ staff to ensure responsiveness to the requirements of the RFP/RFA, and consistency with CARE’s best practices and CO’s needs and interests. The Proposal Development Coordinator develops and maintains systems to facilitate CARE's response to RFP/RFA solicitations; prepares analytical reports of past CARE experience to reflect on lessons learned; and designs and facilitates workshops to build CARE staff capacity to successfully pursue bids. Finally, the Proposal Development Coordinator plays an important role in advocating for proposals to reflect CARE's commitment to rights based programming.
- Oversees, coordinates and is ultimately responsible for the preparation, writing, editing, review, management and timely submission of technical proposals and other CBU required materials;
- Coordinate advanced preparations for upcoming opportunities through AIMS including intelligence gathering, recruitment, workshop design and prep, technical content development;
- Responsible for the initial assessment of CARE's ability to effectively compete, and factors required to assure a successful bid (in the case were we move forward to a bid);
- Set priorities, delegate responsibilities and establish deadlines, document timetable, and report on same to Director;
- Identify potential partners, and play a lead role in the negotiation of teaming agreements;
- Develop agenda for strategy meetings including development of "win themes" for each proposal, as appropriate;
- Lead and provide guidance to the proposal team on proposal content, strategy, staffing, partners and budgeting; and develop a timeline to accomplish said tasks;
- Spearhead the recruitment efforts providing accurate and timely information regarding job descriptions and profiles required for proposal writing, key positions and consultant jobs;
- Draft, edit, review and provide guidance to COs regarding proposal strategies, technical content and budgets;
- Document best practices and foster training to improve a successful proposal outcome;
- Develop technical guidance documents to capture knowledge and learning from proposals on gender integration;
- Research, write and regularly update and maintain CARE capacity/past performance sections for use in proposals and in representing CARE to partner organizations or donors;
- Assist Program Development Officer in the development and maintenance of appropriate systems to facilitate CARE's response to RFP/RFA;
- Coordinate with other CARE International members in collecting the most current information about CARE's work worldwide;
- Manage CBU Interns: Mentor and coach staff and provide ongoing feedback and supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in development studies, or field that emphasizes critical writing and thinking skills;
- At least two years’ experience in proposal development (in at least a part-time capacity);
- At least two years overseas experience in program management or design;
- Excellent writing skills with special emphasis on clear, persuasive language;
- Strong editing skills;
- Knowledge of US government proposal requirements; and ability to work under tight deadlines.
TO APPLY: Please click on the link http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2953 to submit your cover letter and resume.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-08-13