Knowlegde Management and Communications Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
URC is seeking a Knowledge Management and Communications Manager for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded contract to provide services to conduct various studies and evaluations (initially in West, East and Central Africa) including baseline surveys, population-based surveys, end-line studies, evaluations (primarily performance evaluations) and thematic studies for the USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (FFP). The knowledge gained from these evaluations is intended to be communicated and applied throughout the program cycle, to be able to provide a better understanding of how FFP projects are functioning, whether the projects are achieving targeted results, how the projects are perceived by the primary stakeholders, and whether approaches, methods and interventions promoted by FFP are cost-efficient and effective. The assignment is one base year (12 months), with one option year, and the manager will be based in the Greater Washington DC area and will report to the project’s Chief of Party.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess KM needs.
- Participate in knowledge exchange and collaborative activity with FFP support mechanisms.
- Ensure that evaluation results are captured, packaged and shared in a variety of in-person, print and web based formats.
- Advanced degree desired, in international development, knowledge management, library science, public administration, organizational development or other related degrees.
- At least five years of work experience, including three years’ experience carrying out knowledge management and information dissemination activities ideally for international development projects.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded food security programs and common themes currently emphasized in USAID’s approach to food security—such as resilience, agriculture-nutrition linkages, gender, etc.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships in virtual and face-to-face settings.
- Experience in acquisition and supervision of external contractors.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; familiarity with tailoring messaging to diverse stakeholder groups.
- Familiarity with Drupal, Adobe Connect, Articulate Studio and Web 2.0 tools.
- Strong facilitation skills in virtual and face-to-face environments.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be fluent in English. French or Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
Please apply via our website here.
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-14