Senior Gender Advisor
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Gender Advisor.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for an upcoming Integrated Health project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The expected duration of the project is five years and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
The Senior Gender Advisor will ensure that all aspects of the integrated health project are gender-sensitive and gender-responsive, and adhere to the principle of “do not harm”. The advisor will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique challenges that women and men face. S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving health programming to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning, monitoring and reporting.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Design and oversee a Gender Analysis, and ensure recommendations are integrated into relevant health programming;
- Provide strategic, technical guidance and direction in gender for integrated health programming and monitoring;
- Provide support to project staff and Ministries of Health and other government ministries on gender integration in health programming;
- Provide on-site technical assistance and capacity strengthening in gender programming;
- Ensure technical quality of activity monitoring, reporting and presentation of related activities under the project.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, gender studies, community development, or other relevant field;
- Minimum of ten years’ relevant professional experience managing and implementing development activities including those related to gender integration and inclusion;
- Experience working in the health sector highly desired;
- Experience engaging men on gender related issues;
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others;
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.