Project Development Officer
Position Title : Project Development Officer
Duty Station : Ankara, Turkey
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 August 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the general direction of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in coordination with the Programme Managers, Heads of Offices and relevant Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO) units, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the Programme Development and Reporting Unit, guiding and overseeing the Programme Development, Reporting and Donor Liaison functions of the IOM Turkey mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Lead and coordinate the design and development of new programs, projects and activities in close coordination with the relevant donors, government counterparts, public and private institutions, and project partners, ensuring compliance with donor interests and requirements.
Lead and coordinate the elaboration and compilation of reports for donors, government and other relevant stakeholders, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and procedures.
Ensure processing, endorsement and submissions of project proposals, donor reports, partner agreements (Service Agreements, MoUs, LoAs and other types of contracts) and any other relevant documents, in line with specific internal requirements and procedures.
Represent IOM Turkey in donor meetings, briefings, conferences, UNCT meetings and liaise with donors, governmental partners, project partners, think tanks policy centers at the international and national level.
Discuss and provide guidance on relevant fund raising strategies and actively contribute to Missions fundraising efforts; compile and analyze information on donor policies and priorities for Turkey, identify new funding opportunities, define proactive approaches to donors.
Ensure compilation and analysis of relevant information on migration –related issues and trends in Turkey affected by an influx of mixed migration flow; identify and develop new programs, projects and initiatives for the Mission.
Provide input into Missions strategic ordinate the compilation of reports and papers on IOM Turkey strategic approaches and priorities for distribution to donors, government, partners and other counterparts.
Through close cooperation with the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer observe projectscompliance with the objectives set in project documents and budgets, M&E frameworks and work plans, and ensure overall compliance with dono’ contractual requirements, interests and expectations.
Guide and support capacity building and training activities in the field of programme development for government officials and IOM staff in Turkey through workshops and seminars.
Undertake regular duty travel to Turkey.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Political or Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration issues, project design, management and implementation, and administrative and financial management;
• Excellent communication, negotiation skills and report writing skills;
• Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking;
• Work experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of other IOM/UN official language(s) is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 03 August 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 21.07.2016 to 03.08.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/153 (P) - Project Development Officer (P3) - Ankara, Turkey (54834558) Released
Posting: Posting NC54834559 (54834559) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-08-03