Administration Assistant & Driver - Syria
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Administration Assistant & Driver– Syria Response Office
Do you have minimum of 5 years’experience working as Driver & Administration Assistant? Are you interested in working with an international organization?
If you are looking for new challenges and interested in working with one of the world's most effective and respected Humanitarian Organizations then you would be interested in our announced position for an Administration Assistant & Driver – Syria Response Office,Amman.
NRC in the Middle East is responding to the Syria crisis, assisting refugees in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq as well as people displaced inside Syria. We work in shelter, emergency distributions, education, water and sanitation and legal assistance. Our response on the ground has grown rapidly with the dramatic rise in displacement and we now have around 1,200 staff members working on the regional response to the Syria crisis.
Our Ideal Candidate is a team worker, an analytical person, and someone who is able to communicate effectively with impact and respect. Confidentiality and trustworthy are core requirements for this position.
Holder of a valid Jordanian driving license and knowledge in the Jordanian driving regulations is a must.
The purpose of the Administration Assistant and Driver is to support theeffective operation of the NRC Syria Response Office (SRO) and relatedprogramme activities, by providing general administration assistance anddriving duties in accordance with NRC’s administrative, finance and logisticspolicies and procedures and relevant donor guidelines.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
• Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved;
• Adhere to the NRC Driver’s Manual and respectthe local traffic regulations at all times;
• Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods, and the vehicle at all times;
• Maintain the vehicles in the proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicles clean, performing daily/weekly vehicle checks, and following up on regular servicing and maintenance;
• Management of the SRO car pool, including vehicle allocation and the preparation of monthly fleet report;
• Adhere to NRC’s administrative, finance and logistics policies, procedures and audit standards;
• Provide general administrative and logistics assistance at the SRO, including assisting order, receive and monitor consumption of office supplies and stationery;
• Provide assistance with local procurement, in accordance with NRC procurement procedures and thresholds, where required and as delegated by line management;
Ability to work in basic to intermediate English (written and spoken) is a must.
Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, andOutlook)
We offer a 6 months’ contract with health insurance.
We encourage you to apply now!
Note: NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to checkthat its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reservesthe right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: amman amman
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-08-04