Resource Management Officer
Position Title : Resource Management Officer Duty Station : Nouakchott, Mauritania Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 August 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in coordination with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office (RO) in Dakar, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the human resources and administrative functions and support the financial functions of the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in monitoring the financial management of all activities in the mission, including financial expenditures. Undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission.
Assist in preparing the annual budget for the Mission, assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes, and assist in preparing donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Assist the CoM in developing and improving procurement internal procedures, control and practices.
In coordination with the CoM, put in place a worplan and clear division of labour of staff in the finance unit.
Review and monitor the Human Resources Management function in the mission in accordance with the Organizations policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region.
Maintain and update the missions human resources database in PRISM and related HR
functions and entries.
Assist with the recruitment and administration of locally subcontracted staff, and with the applicability and sufficient budgetary accrual of entitlements. As required, support recruitments of international personnel.
Supervise the maintenance of, or maintain (according to mission structure), personnel files and attendance records of all Mission international, national and contracted staff.
In coordination with the CoM and RRMO, implement personnel policies and procedures for the national staff. Ensure that the missions HR processes and actions (including inter alia, selections, recruitment, retention, professional development and training activities, separation and contract duties) remain consistent with the relevant IOM policies and procedures. Advice and support staff and managers on HR matters.
Supervise the preparation of monthly payroll for national and contracted IOM staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
Review and assess the Mission's staff training and development needs and suggest possible improvement areas in collaboration with HRM/Staff Development and Learning (SDL). Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the Mission HR training database.
Ensure the timely and regular implementation of the Missions Staff Evaluation System (SES) and advocate for the timely completion of the performance management process in line with Organizational deadlines.
Perform such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
• Experience preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities;
• Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN Common System regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP (PRISM)
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage;
• Knowledge of MS Office products, and good computer literacy skills required.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic and/or another local language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 04 August 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 22.07.2016 to 04.08.2016
Requisition: SVN 2016/87 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Nouakchott, Mauritania (54835171) Released
Posting: Posting NC54835172 (54835172) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Nouakchott
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-04