Deputy Chief of Party
CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to be based in Kenya for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project to assist the needs of orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs).
This position is subject to project award and funding. Only local candidates will be considered.
- Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and resources) and implementation of the program and program operations in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensure the adequacy of planning, monitoring and reporting and competence for the effective scale up of program interventions to meet established programmatic and financial targets and timeframes.
- Provide strategic oversight of program tasks and activities, including participating in budget discussions.
- Conduct monitoring visits to observe field activities.
- Serve on the program’s Senior Management Team.
- Promote quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout program duration.
- Mentor and supervise direct report/s.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and progressively responsible experience working on international development projects; experience in Sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects in developing countries.
- Proven leadership skills. Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Organization: CARE
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-09-22