ABA ROLI Outreach Internship
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in over 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has an annual budget of over $40 million and nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is currently seeking an undergraduate or graduate student for an internship position in the Outreach Division of their Washington, D.C. office. Interns for ABA ROLI will work with program staff of their assigned division to gain an understanding of international development programs and international rule of law issues. As part of the ABA ROLI team, this intern will work with ROLI program staff and Outreach team to develop news stories and other outreach materials.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and detail oriented with an ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest and background in strategic communications or a related field, particularly in the context of international development.
Although this is an unpaid position, interns at ABA ROLI are eligible for a wide variety of perks and learning opportunities including:
- Transportation reimbursement up to $15.00/day
- Field trips to D.C. legal destinations such as the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Supreme Court, and Library of Congress
- Brown-bag lunches with ABA ROLI staff and guest speakers
Exact responsibilities will vary based on each division’s needs. Typical responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and monitoring ongoing global trends to be integrated into appropriate ROLI outreach and communications channels;
- Assist with development of materials for and monitoring of ROLI websites, newsletters, collateral, social media outlets, etc.
- Assist with web updates;
- Assist with writing, editing, and publication of ROLI outreach materials;
- Other duties as needed.
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in PR/Communications/Marketing, or similar field;
Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills;
Strong commitment to public interest law and/or international development, as evidenced by relevant experience and coursework;
Proficiency with MS Office;
Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, CRM systems, and other relevant software systems;
Familiarity with web development a plus;
Demonstrated interest in strategic communications, publications, or a related field;
Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Please include a resume and cover letter stating why you believe that you are qualified for this position in your application with your estimated availability.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.https://www.devex.com/jobs/aba-roli-outreach-intern-internship-445307
- Organization: ABA - American Bar Association
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2016-09-25