Consultant - Project Officer (Psychosocial)
Erbil (Iraq) | Iraq
Position Title : Consultant - Project Officer (Psychosocial) Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq Classification : Consultant Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : 01 September 2016 Closing Date : 09 August 2016
Reference Code: CON 2016/24
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator of the Psychosocial Support & Social Cohesion Unit, the Psychosocial Expert shall be responsible for the technical oversight, training implementation and the supervision of direct services within the operational framework of the OFDA funded project: “Emergency Response Addressing the Shelter/NFI and Psychosocial Needs of IDPs in Iraq."
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure strict adherence to the project scope and activities as set forth in the project proposal.
- Supervise the overall implementation of the program from a technical and administrative perspective.
- Supervise and monitor technically the psychosocial teams, consultants and professionals involved in the program.
- Supervise and/or directly implement training of emergency operations field personnel on the provision of Psychological First Aid (PFA)m, and ToT in PFA for the affected and host populations.
- Train a selected group of emergency personnel in integrated provision of MHPSS in emergency and displacement contexts.
- Supervise and/or directly train Community Focal Points in the implementation of Recreational Psychosocial Activities (RPA).
- Design the content of induction and short education sessions on Mental Health and Psychosocial Needs in forced displacement.
- Provide ongoing in-service training of a group of identified lay counsellors within the community, in the provision of focused and Non-specialized Psychosocial Support to affected person.
- Provide overall monitoring and technical advices for communities, women and youth groups, child-friendly spaces.
- Provide direct counselling services in exceptional circumstances.
- Coordinate with national psychiatrists and the teams the identification and referral of people with pre-existing and emerging mental disorders to appropriate care.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the mainstreaming of psychosocial support in IOM’s emergency response in Iraq, including pathways for referral.
- Represent the Psychosocial Support & Social Cohesion Unit to Clusters Meetings, and any other coordination mechanism at regional and national level as it would be required.
- Provide weekly updates and monthly narrative reports of project activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education • Master’s degree in Counselling and/or Clinical Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience; • Professional accreditation with a recognized psychological association-society a distinct advantage; • Degree or certificates in the domain of psychosocial creative activities an advantage.
Experience • Experience in designing support programs in emergency situation; • Knowledge and experience in facilitating training and developing curricula; • Experience in direct provision of services in emergency setting an advantage; • Familiarity with the region an advantage
Languages Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic an advantage.
Desirable Competencies: Behavioral • Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others. • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; • Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter • Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation. • Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 August 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Posting period: From 26.07.2016 to 09.08.2016
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq) | Iraq
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: 2016-08-09