CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER
Atlanta | Washington D.C.
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. We have bold plans to evolve our beneficiary and donor experience for the digital era, and the Information Technology department is at the center of this aggressive change. CARE is leading the worldwide effort to develop and orchestrate digital initiatives across every facet of our interactions with our supporters and staff. With the fast emerging digital environment, this department is focused on innovation across our programs, revenue generation, business process and data management to the evolution of our operating model and culture.
As a result, CARE is seeking a dynamic leader for a newly created Chief Digital Officer (CDO) role. This role will provide the strategic leadership for our Information Technology department and is charged with the digitally transformation the organization aligned with CARE’s new 3-year strategic plan.
The CDO is an integral member of the Executive Management Team and is expected to collaboratively and passionately foster a digital transformation culture and lead all digital solution development across CARE, including design, development, operations and support. The CDO will foster innovation to solve key business challenges and lead a broad range of digital initiatives and solutions to support the CARE’s communications, knowledge management, effective IT governance and social media strategic objectives.
- Develops, plans, implements and monitors the digital strategy for the organization. Ties together all of the organization’s digital aspects in support of the organization’s strategy. Keeps the strategy fresh by staying up to date with the latest innovations, changes in competition, and shifts in the industry, and adapting to the ever-changing digital atmosphere. Obtains organization-wide commitment for the digital strategy and is charged with communicating the digital strategy, and simplifying it over time so that it’s embedded in every employee.
- Uses knowledge, insights, and analytics to craft end to end user and supporter experiences that are contemporary, exciting, and efficient by virtue of being digitally enabled.
- Enables CARE to make more effective use of online, mobile, and other digital platforms for supporting resource mobilization and growth.
- Expands CARE’s visibility and audience through key channels and platforms.
- Drives innovation in CARE’s approach to digital. Introduces and implements best-in class approaches for digital knowledge management, campaigning and advocacy.
- Identifies traditional and non-traditional opportunities for supporter and acquisition and retention that deepens supporter relationships and drive more rewarding experiences for CARE and our supporters.
- Interfaces with Board Members, staff, and supporters with interest and background in digital to help leverage and enhance CARE’s efforts, including the coordination of pro bono capabilities.
- Role requires a “bi-focal” approach achieving the near-term imperative of getting things moving quickly, while setting in place the longer-term conditions of success so the organization can compete digitally.
- Supervises the IT function, and ensures its realignment - over time - with the digital strategy and organization’s needs. This includes assessing and adjusting IT capacity at the central, department and country level, ensuring appropriate IT governance, service levels, and innovation.
- Represent CARE externally, to increase visibility and ongoing learning, and to engage and attract key partners and in-kind support.
- Minimum of 10-year experience leading a cutting-edge digital operation with a variety of integrated capabilities.
- Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of a Bachelor’s degree and experience.
- Familiarity with web, mobile, and social media. Focused on new personalized/localized communications as opposed to mass communications
- Ability to plan and execute long-term strategy around driving supporting awareness, engagement, experience, and monetization.
- Significant change management experience in either turnaround or fast-growth situations, both on the IT side and in a consumer company setting.
- International experience and the appreciation that adoption of technologies across CARE’s global footprint will certainly vary.
- Managerial ability to lead and see programs through to fruition
- Patience to navigate complex organizational structures, collaborate to get buy-in across functions and diplomatically challenge the status-quo and solidify relationships with a broad group of people
- Leadership and charisma to drive change forward
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3233
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-08-10