HR Manager (Short-Term Contract) - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is urgently looking for qualified candidates for a short-term contract expected to last for 4-5 months.
If you have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a HR manager within the Humanitarian/NGO sector and are interested in an exciting opportunity in Jordan, apply now!
· Contribute with input to the development of the country strategy and plan of action on HR & admin
· Contribute to the optimization of country structures, systems and resources to support programme implementation
· Support capacity building initiatives for national staff
· Implement NRC’s HR systems and procedures
· Ensure that country set up adheres to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
· Ensure compliance with the local labor law
· Training, support, control and development of HR teams
· Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
· Management of the HR team
· Provide regular HR analysis and reports
· Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
· Identify and address shortcomings affecting the well-being and motivation of national and international staff.
Salary/benefits:According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition.
Approvedhealth certificate will be requested before contract start
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early as the selection process may begin prior to the vacancy deadline.
NB: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location inthe "Company name" field for both company and location.
Note: NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to checkthat its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reservesthe right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-22