HIV/Health Services Specialist, Healthy Markets Project, Mekong Program 7470
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) | Hanoi
Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
*NOTE: You are required to be a citizen of Vietnam to apply for this position. We will not respond to your application if you do not meet this requirement.***
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997.
The Vietnam country office is committed to respond to community health needs in Vietnam and works in such areas as reproductive, maternal, and child health, TB, HIV, vaccines and immunization, emerging and epidemic diseases, and health technologies. To achieve impact, PATH Viet Nam works across the public and private sectors and focuses on sustainable, system-level changes.
PATH is working under a new United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Cooperative Agreement entitled Healthy Markets Activity. The project’s overall goal is to contribute to the prevention of new HIV infections among most at risk populations. The expected program will include a network of complementary partners to bring about changes that result in strengthened local leadership and capacity for comprehensive and effective programming and sales of critical HIV goods and services.
PATH is seeking an HIV Health Services Specialist, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The HIV Health Services Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support for mobilizing the private sector to engage in delivery of HIV prevention services. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistant to CBOs and local NGOs working in provision of HIV prevention services, including HIV lay testing services and PrEP services and establish linkages with and referral systems to the government-certified HIV confirmatory laboratory and outpatient clinics for treatment and care.
- Provide technical assistance to private-sector health facilities to set up integrated HIV testing and counseling (HTC) sites and establish linkages with and referral systems to the government-certified HIV confirmatory laboratory and outpatient clinics for treatment and care.
- Coordinate with other partners and provincial AIDS centers (PACs) in supporting selected private-sector HTC sites and training private service providers on HTC as well as conducting quality assurance and quality improvement for HTC services.
- Participate in advocacy efforts for Total Markets Approach (TMA) applied in HIV prevention services including the engagement and investment of the private sectors in HIV prevention services.
- Work closely with the provincial health department and district health bureaus to mobilize the CBOs, local NGOs and private sector to participate in either referral or service delivery of HIV prevention services as well as to ensure that these stakeholders are motivated to participate in the program.
- Oversee the work of partners and consultants related to health services.
- Broker partnerships between the private health facilities and distributors for condoms, HIV rapid tests, and other HIV prevention goods, if relevant.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, coordination, supportive supervision and monitoring of development projects.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with government and the private sectors in Viet Nam or similar context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a complex international environment.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English to include reading, speaking and writing.
- Bachelor or master degree in public health, medicine or social sciences, or a related field, and at least five years' relevant work experience in Vietnam.
- Experience implementing HIV prevention interventions including HIV testing and counseling (HTC) services for key populations, such as people who inject drugs, men who have sex with men and female sex workers.
- Ability to provide technical support if required.
- Demonstrated experience in private sector health care delivery.
- Experience brokering public-private partnerships related to health care service delivery.
- Background experience in setting up or providing HIV testing and counseling services a plus.
- Quality assurance and quality improvement experience related to health care service delivery.
- Understanding of the Vietnamese HIV/AIDS epidemic, including sociocultural issues and nuances of working with vulnerable populations.
To apply, please visit our jobs website at http://www.path.org/jobs/index.php and click on "Job Listings". Filter by continent and department to find the position you are looking for, and click on the link to begin your application process. To apply directly, please visit this link: http://bit.ly/2awaiod
- Organization: PATH - Global Health Organization
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) | Hanoi
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- HIV and AIDS
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-09-03