Business & Systems Manager
Business & Systems Manager, Sierra Leone
LOCATION: Freetown, Sierra Leone
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term (Accompanied with partner)
SALARY RANGE: £30,000 - £34,000
An innovative leader with strategic oversight and a passion for Oxfam's work is needed for the key position of Business & Systems Manager.
Oxfam seeks to appoint a Business and Systems manager based in Sierra Leone, West Africa, who will support the organisation to deliver cost effective, safe and accountable programmes through strategic financial, systems, risk and people management. The Sierra Leone Country programme is transitioning from the recent Ebola Humanitarian Response and is in the Recovery phase. This presents an exciting and unique opportunity to work with a diverse team in the delivery of innovative programmes in line with the Country’s change strategy. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate based on skill and experience. Oxfam will meet the tax and social security liabilities, plus attractive benefits including Housing, Medical, among others.
Oxfam is one of the world's leading International Humanitarian Agencies, assisting people affected by poverty, natural disasters and conflict throughout the world. With over 5,000 staff and dedicated volunteers in more than 90 countries, Oxfam is able to achieve the greatest impact to alleviate poverty and suffering through combining emergency response work, long-term development programmes, and campaigning for lasting change.
Reporting to the Country Director and responsible for the strategic leadership of the Finance, Logistics and IT functions you will be accountable for the implementation of corporate, regional and country finance strategies within the country and ensure effective financial management and control; With members of the Senior Management Team , ensure that management culture and working practices in Sierra Leone support the effective delivery of timely and good quality as well as a strong culture of control and compliance; You will be responsible for the effective performance management of all staff in the Finance, IT and Logistics functions, ensuring assessment, development and performance management against objectives and organisationally agreed competencies; You will Support the Country Director, and other management staff in the preparation of programme/project and donor budgets, as well as the annual budget for Oxfam; You Identify, monitor and support management of risk, in liaison with in-country teams, regional business systems staff and Oxfam Headquarters, as required. You will line manage the Country Finance Manager, Country Logistics Manager Administrative Officer and IT Officer.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- You will have proven experience and skills in managing support services in development and humanitarian environments and bring with you a wide range of skills, including excellent people and financial management skills, backed by strong strategic and operational decision making abilities.
- You must be a strong leader with the ability to challenge, motivate and develop teams.
- You must have naturally strong communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- A broad understanding of complex emergencies and complex programming, including elements of humanitarian, transition and development programmes is essential
- Proven senior business support management experience - several roles, maybe in different organisations.
- Qualified Finance Manager with high level of financial, donor and risk management skills
- Strong understanding and experience of IT systems purchasing, logistics and supply
- Proven ability to support, coach and encourage high performance in teams
- Well developed people management and team skills, high self awareness and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations with passion for working with others.
- Commitment to values of inclusiveness, empowerment, accountability and gender equality
This vacancy closes on 18th August 2016. To apply, please visit the Oxfam website https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ OR https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/4544/description (**INT2704**)
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Freetown
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-18