Traineeship in the Assistance Division
The ICRC Assistance Division is a vast and rapidly growing operation that covers diverse areas of activity, i.e., health services, economic security, water and habitat and weapon contamination. To support its programs across the globe, there is a need to consolidate, transform and maintain its data for the purpose of transversal strategy-building and decision-making.
As a member of the division's Business Intelligence working group, the Associate will contribute to the maintenance and management of data, reports and analyses. In addition, they will partner with the global Assistance community in the field and at headquarters in building meaningful and actionable Business Intelligence capability.
- Consolidate data from all the units into a centralized Assistance data repository designated as the 'single source of truth'
- Monitor data quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness and collaborate with the Assistance Units, other divisions and the field to resolve data quality issues
- Coordinate with other projects that impact continuity of data and reporting processes
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc reports and analyses, including institutional reports
- Support Assistance end users of the front-end tool, in headquarters and in the field
- Enrich BI-capability through external data sources and new indicators
- Produce and maintain a full and detailed data dictionary for a common understanding of measures
- Improve data-related business processes through automation, where appropriate
- Contribute to and maintain the support structure for data quality
- Design and implement reports, models, analyses with actionable insights
- Participate in division and institutional efforts at Data Governance
Skills and qualifications
Fluency in English, French is a plus
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management or a similar technical field
Experience in humanitarian operations is a plus
Experience in data management or business intelligence is a plus
Knowledge of RDB programming (SQL, Oracle Rdb), statistical packages (SAS, SPSS) or front-end tools (Tableau, QlikView) is a plus
Flexible, systematic, proactive, with good relationship-building skills and a customer service mindset
Good verbal and written communication skills
Recruited trainees will be offered a 12-month paid contract. Only individuals enrolled in higher education or who have recently completed their studies with less than one year professional experience after graduation (two years if experience is traineeships) are eligible for traineeships.
Starting date : As soon as possible, latest by 1 October 2016
Job Title : Associate
Interested persons fulfilling the above criteria should send a letter of motivation and CV/Resume to Jennifer Leynes, firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2016 (Subject: Traineeship – Assistance Division). Do not send any documents other than the two listed above.
Please be aware that the ICRC has other traineeship programmes with separate application processes (for further information, see the ICRC website). The application process for delegates is also a separate one. No information on this will be provided.
Late or incomplete applications, as well as those that do not meet the stated requirements, will not be considered. Therefore, please refrain from applying if you do not fulfil the mandatory criteria listed above.
Owing to the high number of applications, no information relating to the selection process or responses to personal queries can be provided. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
At a further stage, selected candidates will be contacted for interviews at ICRC headquarters or through online conference calls (depending on availability and preference) between 1 and 15 September 2016.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-10-01