Resource Management Officer
Istanbul | Ankara
Position Title : Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Istanbul, Turkey
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 August 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, under direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) in Turkey, and the administrative supervision of the Senior Operations Officer/Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and in coordination with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO) in Vienna, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the administration and resource management functions of IOM Istanbul sub-office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Istanbul including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability; undertake financial analysis of respective projects in Istanbul.
Ensure that all finance activities are performed in accordance with the IOM Financial, Procurement and Accounting Regulations.
Coordinate with the SRMO and Project Manager the preparation of donor financial reports for the projects implemented in Istanbul in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Forecast cash flows according to activities in Istanbul sub-office and ensure daily control of funds disbursed.
Assist the SRMO in preparing the annual budget for the Mission, in coordination with the relevant Program Managers. Monitor budget control and analyze variances between budget(s) and actual expenditures on a monthly basis and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
Inspect payroll versus budgets for the staff of the Istanbul sub-office, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Coordinate administrative and human resources policies and practices in Istanbul sub-office with SRMO; apply Organization’s HR polices, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
Assist in the supervision of the Mission’s offices administrative functions, including recruitment, retention, promotion, separation, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
Verify all the requests for purchases in the Istanbul sub-office, and make sure the budget is available and proper documentation is completed and submitted timely.
Liaise with all other internal functional units of the Mission, as well as banks, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
Support the Senior Operations Officer/Head of Sub-Office to ensure that programmatic activities are being implemented in a manner that is consistent with donor agreements – both from an operational and budgetary perspective.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit;
• Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures a distinct advantage;
• Experience with international institutions; knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 24 August 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 11.08.2016 to 24.08.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/171 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Istanbul, Turkey (54844218) Released
Posting: Posting NC54844219 (54844219) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Istanbul | Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-24