Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation for an anticipated USAID-funded project. The purpose of the program is to improve the health status of the Haitian population, and would support the direct delivery of clinical and community-based services for people living in geographic areas currently supported by USAID. Emphasis will be placed on site-level governance and accountability through structured mentorship and targeted assistance to build the capacity of facility managers (public and private) to address gaps and deficiencies identified within routinized data analysis and site assessments.
The Senior Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will oversee the monitoring and evaluation system for reporting progress, and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems. The Senior Manager for M&E will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with the USAID results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality and completeness of data sets, contribute to the development of the program and document project performance against established outputs and indicators. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of the Government of Haiti, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized and information is shared. S/he will also assist the MOH to monitor programs and assess the robustness of implementing organizations’ data collection and M&E mechanisms.
- Design and implement the Project’s M&E system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as M&E tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
- Support the MOH to develop a health sector M&E framework and monitor health system strengthening interventions.
- Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, management, public health).
- 10 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and special studies for health programs in developing countries.
- Knowledge of implementing maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS and results-based financing programs is required.
- 5 years’ experience collecting, analyzing and managing donor funded project data of health projects
- Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Ability to influence program policy and operational decisions, demonstrated by previous experience in leading the development and implementation of M&E frameworks and tools.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2.
Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in French (tested FSI
R3/S3) and English; working knowledge of Creole is preferred but not essential.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Port-au-Prince
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-01