Senior Awards and Finance Manager
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Plan International USA
Senior Awards and Finance Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Plan International USA is part of the Plan International Federation, a global organization that works side by side with communities in over 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, young people, and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs to education projects and child protection initiatives.
Summary Scope of Work:
Plan is seeking applicants for a proposed Senior Awards and Finance Manager for an anticipated new global initiative that will use the power of data to accelerate progress towards the targets for girls and women in the Sustainable Development Goals. This project is anticipated to be funded by multiple donors and will work in close coordination with partner organizations to combine their strengths and global reach to build a trusted, independent annual assessment of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for girls and women over their fifteen year lifespan. The Senior Awards and Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial management of this project. This position will be responsible for ensuring accurate project financial tracking, recording and reporting to donors, and compliance with the organizational policies and donor requirements. S/he will oversee the administration of subawards management, including ensuring sub-granting /contracting, compliance and financial reporting of. This position is contingent upon award of the project.
· Ensure accurate project financial tracking, recording and reporting to donors, and compliance with the organizational policies and donor requirements.
· Work closely with the SDG Tracker Initiative Director on all budget, finance and compliance matters such as forecasts, budget realignments, pipeline analysis, financial reports review, etc.
· Establish necessary financial procedures and reinforcing internal controls.
· Provide training and ongoing support to Plan International staff in understanding donor financial compliance, identifying financial risks, and other best practices related to project financial management.
· Oversee the administration of subawards management, including ensuring sub-granting /contracting, compliance and financial reporting of all subawards.
· Request and monitor receipt of monthly financial reports, prepares any required ad hoc reports for donors, prepares and maintains internal documents to support donor financial reports and reviews all project financial documentation for compliance.
· Monitor project “burn rate” against the total award budget and against the work plan budget.
· Establish detailed systems and procedures for management of a sub-grant program, including preparation of grant agreement templates and other compliance-related documents related to the solicitation, review and approval of grant requests as well as the monitoring and close-out of grant awards.
· Implement grants using Plan International approved templates
· Develop tracking / monitoring plan for all grants issued under the project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
· 7+ years of strong experience in accounting and financial management of international donor budgets and regulatory compliance.
· Not-for-profit accounting experience. Field experience desirable.
· Knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial accounting standards.
· Knowledge of an experience working on annual organization audit in accordance with 2 CFR 200 Subpart F audits.
· Experience overseeing the management of a sub-grant program, including preparation of grant agreement templates and other compliance-related documents related to the solicitations, review and approval of grant requests as well as the monitoring and close-out of grant awards.
· Ability to work with minimal direction and to initiate activities and identify organizational needs related to responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with people from diverse cultures across all levels of the organization.
· Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethics.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information.
· Capacity to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet inflexible deadlines.
· Proficiency in computer software particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and accounting software packages.
· Self-motivated and able to take initiative to work independently
· Good listening skills and capacity to work effectively with others
· Strong leadership skills, including being able to manage external relationships with partners
· Positive attitude, desire to be a part of a diverse team, and commitment to Plan International’s mission.
Plan is a child-centered community development organization working with communities in over 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. We invite our staff to embrace Plan’s mission, working in partnership with management, peers, donors, and other supporters in an effort to make lasting change for children and families around the world.
We aspire to five core values that help us define our culture and to inform our business decisions: Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence - AsPIRE. Plan expects all staff to exhibit and embrace these values in every part of their work lives.
We are committed to adhering to Plan’s Child Protection Standards and protecting the wellbeing of children in any situation that may arise. The protection of children is everyone’s responsibility.
Plan offers opportunities for growth and development through internal and external training opportunities. We value the ideas and opinions of staff at any level and provide forums in which those can be shared with others.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and follows all laws associated with the EEOC.
Qualified candidates please apply directly via: Sr Manager Awards and Finance