Data and Insights Lead, Global Women and Girls SDG Tracker Initiative
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Plan International USA is part of the Plan International Federation, a global organization that works side by side with communities in over 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, young people, and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs to education projects and child protection initiatives.
Summary Scope of Work:
Plan is seeking applicants for a proposed Data and Insights Lead for an anticipated new global initiative that will use the power of data to accelerate progress towards the targets for girls and women in the Sustainable Development Goals. This project is anticipated to be funded by multiple donors and will work in close coordination with partner organizations to combine their strengths and global reach to build a trusted, independent annual assessment of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for girls and women over their fifteen year lifespan. The Data and Insights Lead will serve as the focal point and technical lead for all research, data management, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities under this initiative. This position will design and oversee an online platform which will be a site dedicated to providing current data on progress towards achieving the SDGs for women and girls, new data visualizations of SDG data and providing new quantitative and qualitative data about the lived realities of women and girls. This position is contingent upon award of the project.
· Provide technical leadership for all data and insights activities, designing and implementing primary research, quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis, data presentation, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for the project.
· Deliver a well-designed SDG tracker site map that takes into account data collection, analysis and visualization methods
· Conceptualize and designs qualitative research to complement the quantitative data from official and other sources
· Deliver a robust data collection and monitoring and evaluation plan for the project.
· Implement a rigorous data collection process, ensuring quality inputs of data.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility.
· Provide expert level data analysis and develops data analysis tools.
· Deliver unique and innovative data visualization
· Facilitate a partnership technical working group on data and insights
· Serve as an external thought-leader on data and insights and serves as representative of the initiative, including representing the project in external events or publications
· Oversees the design of the online SDG tracker site map that will takes into account data collection, analysis and visualization methods as well as other content such as research reports and further commentary on the progress of women and girls under the SDG
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Master’s degree in international development, research methods, computer sciences or other related field.
· At least 8-12 years of previous professional experience, with a track record in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning, data analysis, and data visualization.
· Expertise in managing complex monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs in developing countries.
· Experience working in gender equality issues across geographies and contexts, strongly preferred
· Proven experience managing the design and implementation of data systems, analysis, and visualizations.
· Proven experience in qualitative and quantitative research design
· Experience working on complex projects including working with and managing researchers, technical staff and consultants
· High-level of computer and technical fluency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis software
· Demonstrated ability to implement projects with rigorous timelines and deliverables
· Ability to respond at short notice and plan and execute several activities at once.
· Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak in front of high level partners and media
· Proven experience working in complex multi-stakeholder environments
· Creative vision, able to think outside the box to achieve innovate results
· Self-motivated and able to take initiative to work independently
· Good listening skills and capacity to work effectively with others
· Strong leadership skills, including being able to manage external relationships with partners
Plan is a child-centered community development organization working with communities in over 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. We invite our staff to embrace Plan’s mission, working in partnership with management, peers, donors, and other supporters in an effort to make lasting change for children and families around the world.
We aspire to five core values that help us define our culture and to inform our business decisions: Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence - AsPIRE. Plan expects all staff to exhibit and embrace these values in every part of their work lives.
We are committed to adhering to Plan’s Child Protection Standards and protecting the wellbeing of children in any situation that may arise. The protection of children is everyone’s responsibility.
Plan offers opportunities for growth and development through internal and external training opportunities. We value the ideas and opinions of staff at any level and provide forums in which those can be shared with others.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and follows all laws associated with the EEOC.
Qualified candidates please apply directly via: Data and Insights Lead, Global Women and Girls SDG Tracker Initiative