Technical Specialist, Sexual Reproductive Health/Family Planning (SRH/FP)
Freetown (Sierra Leone)
To strengthen field implementation of several projects UNFPA is supporting in collaboration with the MOHS, UNFPA Country Office requires the services of an international Sexual Reproduction Health (SRH) / Family Planning (FP) Technical Specialist, who will be based at UNFPA CO to manage the implementation of programs/projects so as to attain the planned outputs in 2016 and beyond. The Technical Specialist will be under the direct supervision of the Representative.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University degree in medical/public health planning, policy management and administration.
Knowledge and Experience
- Seven years of relevant experience in SRH/FP program development and management, with at least three years international experience;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results Experience of working in a post conflict environment is an asset;
- Experience in public health programme management with experience in working on sensitive issues;
- Field experience in procurement is desirable;
- Good computer knowledge;
- Experience in technical capacity building /or training in developing countries is essential;
- Demonstrated ability to work with governments, the academic and development community.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is essential;