Finance and Operations Manager
CARE seeks a Finance and Operations Manager to be based in Kenya for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project to assist the needs of orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs).
This position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances may be available.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of the project.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief of Party, CARE’s Country Director, and other senior project staff to ensure compliance with USAID requirements in all financial, administrative, and other operational areas. Collaborate with program leads to identify resources that help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plan to line items in order to develop annual and project budgets. Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners. Develop budgets, and budget forecasts, and monitor budgets on an on-going basis.
- Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out.
- Manage all aspects of procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with CARE’s policies and standards.
- Review periodic financial and operations reports with the Chief of Party, Country Director, and other program leads. Take the lead on addressing any issues that might impact the program achieving its goals.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID regulations and CARE policies, practices, and regulations.
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient use of project resources. Monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to partners and sub awardees on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and award monitoring.
- Review and audit sub awardees’ reports, budgets, expenses and proposals to ensure compliance with award terms and USAID regulations and maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to CARE and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Supervise and mentor project operations and finance staff.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID projects
- Experience with USAID project accounting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision and mentoring of a team of operations and financial staff.
- Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Willingness to travel in project areas.
- Fluency in English.
- Organization: CARE
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Public Health and Health Service
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-09-22