Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning/Knowledge Management Specialist
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Opportunity in Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L)/Knowledge Management/Specialist
United States Agency for International Development/Bureau of Africa/Power Africa Management Office
With more than 30 years' experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International is among the top 20 USAID contractors for the third year in a row. CAMRIS realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L)/Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist will serve as a vital member of Power Africa's Program Office, reporting directly to the ME&L Unit Chief. The Specialist will dialogue with senior management at relevant Posts and in Washington on all performance-related issues, including those that may impact policy and programmatic decisions. The Specialist is responsible for assisting the Coordinator's Office, the implementing partners (IPs), and other USG agencies to implement and operationalize the Power Africa monitoring, evaluation and learning system. S/he will be responsible for managing the Power Africa information system (PAIS), which will include coordinating with all USAID Power Africa implementing partners and program managers to obtain, validate, and analyze performance and results data and ensuring that results are shared with relevant Power Africa stakeholders. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures.
The Specialist will support all data collection and reporting requirements, including the annual USAID Performance Plan and Report, the Power Africa annual report, and other reporting requirements. The Specialist will also support the Senior ME&L Advisor and the Evaluation Specialist to design and manage performance and impact evaluations of Power Africa's programs as well as serve as a technical advisor on ME&L issues to the DC-based team. In addition, the Specialist is involved in developing and enhancing knowledge management systems, disseminating best practices and lessons learned, and expanding the Power Africa capacity to utilize various forms of data to inform implementing partner programs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, establish, and facilitate a wide range of organizational interventions (special studies, after action reviews, Partners meetings, organizational learning surveys, on-line engagements) for integrating USAID's Collaborating, Learning and Adapting efforts into Power Africa's workflows.
- Support the creation and dissemination of lessons learned
- Provide guidance to other USG agencies and implementing partners on technical matters related to ME&L in line with Power Africa's ME&L strategy including:
- Language for funding agreements that emphasizes collaborating, learning and adapting.
- Implementation of the learning aspects of new Program Cycle guidance (CDCS, project design, program performance management, M&E).
- Implementation of the forthcoming Agency Knowledge Management (KM)/Learning Strategy.
- Work closely with Program Development Officer and technical teams to articulate development hypotheses, plan for testing those hypotheses, and contribute to advancing USAID's Project Design Guidance.
- Based on implementation results, new learning and stakeholder feedback, work across the Initiative with Program Office and Technical teams to guide iterative course corrections and ensure ongoing and evolving alignment of portfolio with Power Africa's Roadmap/strategy.
- Advise DC-based USAID program managers on project/activity-specific PMPs for all Power Africa projects and activities.
- Support Data Quality Assessments.
- Liaise closely with ME&L Points-of-Contact at the other USG agencies to coordinate monitoring efforts, communicate short and long-term results, ensure progress, plan and problem solve for emerging issues, and respond to inquiries from leadership.
- In collaboration with the M&E Unit Chief and Program Office team members, serve as a key advisor in Power Africa's evaluation efforts, defining areas of study and considering evaluation approaches, managing evaluation plans, reviewing approaches and co-evaluating study results with others for determining conclusions and organizational implications.
- Develop and disseminate lessons learned and best practice materials based on evaluations and performance reports.
- Support regular and ad hoc reporting, including the annual PPR, ALC, portfolio reviews, the annual report, and others as may be required.
- Support the collection, synthesis, analysis, and reporting of data for senior management in the Coordinator's Office, the Africa Bureau's Front Office, and the Administrator.
- Provide information and analysis to Power Africa leadership to inform performance management.
- On request, prepare analytical progress reports for USAID and USG Senior Management, and dialogues on the same. The Specialist is expected to discuss how findings generated from performance data could or should impact USG policy.
- Support the development and application of standard templates for presenting strategic performance information to USAID and USG leadership, IPs, partner-government officials, and other key stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree, and at least ten years of professional experience with a significant proportion of it working in an ME&L related capacity.
- Experience working in Africa, the energy sector, and with USAID is preferred.
- A strong background in monitoring and evaluation of development programs with the experience in the application of statistical methods, impact evaluations and field research experience;
- Demonstrated abilities and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management;
- Demonstrated passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities;
- Understanding of the economic, social, cultural and political characteristics of development dynamics required;
- Ability to quickly acquire a thorough understanding of USAID's current programming objectives, Power Africa's Roadmap, results expected, planning and reporting systems and the key lines of sector investigation and learning agendas;
- Understanding and experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice and social networking;
- Knowledge of the objectives and operations of the USG, or the program activities of other international donor organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated conversation and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies and implementing them within a complex organizational setting;
- Ability to serve as an effective Power Africa representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions essential;
- Strong writing skills and ability to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner;
Familiarity with a wide range of issues, such as program evaluation, gender-constraints to development, agriculture, community development, economic and democracy and governance.
Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online: http://www.Click2apply.net/rc6fv3z5kt
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Education, Learning and Training
- Operations and Administrations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-09-21