Project Coordinator -Food Secruity
Unity State Leer
NRC is seeking to hire Project Coordinator Food Security and lively hood to support the ongoing Emergency activities in Leer County responding to the needs of IDPs and host community due to the recent conflict. Through Food Security and Lively hood intervention, NRC is providing appropriate emergency food security material and activities to the children and youth affected by conflict.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in South Sudan, the FSL Project Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
- Line management of FSL project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to FSL strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of FSL projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from AM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to AM and Core Competency Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Higher education and substantial management experience required
- Understanding of latest development and familiarity with current issues, trends and priorities in emergency FSL in south Sudan.
- Knowledge and experience in FSL
- Familiarity with emergency FSL supplies,
- Experience or knowledge of FSL assessment and monitoring in emergency situations.
- Proven ability to conceptualise, develop, plan and manage programmes, as well as to impart knowledge and skills.
- Leadership, ability to manage resources, good judgment, ability to build trust and teamwork.
- Experience in coordinating amongst other agencies, donors and with governments or experience working within a multi-agency and donor environment.
- Adherence to high security standards.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- Academy college / University
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be highly reliable, mature, and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Flexible, creative and co-operative, and a sense of humour is an asset
- Positive attitude and passionate about Education in emergency is essential
- Duty station: Leer- Unity State
- Contract duration: 5 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC South Sudan
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Unity State Leer
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-09-15
P-3, International Professional
Juba | Sudan (South Sudan)
lubondaye | Washington D.C
P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position