Head of Economic Justice Programming (INT2753)
Oxford (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) | London
Do you want to inspire a globally networked team, influence policy debates, broker new relationships and ensure effective management of global programmes?
Are you a visionary leader, with passion for poverty reduction and experience of delivering Economic Justice in the global south?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
You will provide strategic leadership of the Oxfam GB “Work” strategy (economic justice) including driving programme development, aligning programme and advocacy work and coordinating approaches to Economic Justice across OGB, Oxfam International and other Oxfam affiliates.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact in the short term.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Highly developed strategic management experience and skills
- Excellent people management skills, with proven ability to lead and motivate others, strong self-awareness and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work across thematic and organisational boundaries in a complex organisation
- Significant operational management ideally in a developing country, experience with financial management abilities and experience in matrix management
- Very strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills, able to translate complex issues into simple, workable actions and plans
- Ability to influence others and work collaboratively in complex and diverse environments, including working with governments, donors, NGOs, academia; and large companies
- Demonstrable track record of embedding innovative approaches within large, complex organisations
- Experience of programme development in the global south and a deep understanding of the social, political and economic issues affecting women’s livelihoods, their participation in the rural and urban economy and their empowerment and resilience to shocks and stresses
- Proven ability to communicate easily and readily verbally and in written form, and to grant proposals, briefing documents, etc
- Willingness to travel up to 12 weeks per year
- Working knowledge of one of French, Spanish or Portuguese
For more information and how to apply, please visit this link