Re-advertise- Senior Gender and Partnership Officer - Aden( National Position) - Yemen
The purpose of a gender and partnership senior officer position aims at supporting integration of gender perspective to the Core Competencies projects to ensure that gender is mainstreamed across NRC Core competencies project in the area; as well this role will drive NRC area office strategy and approach for working with it partners to build on continual improvement at area and country program level to develop partnership based on the agreed NRC partnership principle and in with the country and Core Competencies strategies.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Develop plan to create awareness among staff and Partner on documentation and sharing lessons on gender mainstreaming.
- Lead training, workshop for staff, partner and relevant stakeholder on Gender mainstreaming and advocacy.
- Support partnership engagement with women enterprise and associations in the area.
- Support monitoring and evaluation and reporting gender mainstreaming; by ensuring the collection of relevant information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender.
- Adhere to NRC security rules and procedures.
- Support Country office to ensure that CCs strategy includes a context- relevant set of partnership to achieve NRC mission and ensure meaningful partnership involvement in NRC country strategy.
- Be able to follow up and communicate directly with partner organization to establish how well each party is delivering on its partnership principles and commitment.
- Work closely with the project officers M&E officer, AC and CC Advisors on the development and implementation capitalization on gender mainstreaming and partnership engagement.
- Provide regular, consistently high quality reports on gender mainstreaming and partnership.
- Report any security issues or concerns to the security officer.
- Maintain contact with relevant local authorities or non-state actors, and when required with UN and other agencies; ensuring that NRCs mandate, vision, approach an activity is understood and accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender and development studies, Sociology, Rural development, development study or related studies, A Master’s degree in related studies will be and added value .
- At least 5 years’ working experience in working on advocacy gender and women empowerment.
- Experience in working on partnership development.
- Familiar with Southern Yemen context.
- Able to work in high in secure environment.
- Team Player, flexible, hardworking and able to cope with short deadlines.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure.
- Good networking, negotiation and representation skills with the ability to influence and advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Commitment to NRCs overall aims, policies and values with experience of promoting gender equity, diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of NRC’s work.
- Ability to travel in Northern Governorates, working flexibly and willingness to learn.
- * 6 Months (with possible extension pending Donors funds)
- Travel: More than 150 days travel