Digital Engagement and Marketing Strategist
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Rationale and context of the assignment. The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
DSS seeks to hire a consultant (Digital Engagement and Marketing Strategist), Social Media Team, responsible for guiding in conceptualizing and implementing engaging digital strategies, technologies and marketing approaches to increase and sustain relationship-building and brand awareness with digital and social media communities. The consultant is responsible for guiding cross-sectional social content strategy and paid media strategy, both in platform and in messaging, as well as planning and implementing a digital lifecycle approach, increasing engagement with targeted young audiences, brand advocates, influencers and strategic partners, in-line with the broader UNICEF digital and social media strategy. The incumbent will also project manage strategic engagement components of initiatives and campaigns, encompassing full consolidation of strategy, marketing and implementation of all cross-divisional and cross-departmental digital and social media engagement efforts.
For more information, click here.
· Guide overall social content marketing strategy to better bridge digital and social media storytelling across paid, owned & earned channels with a focus on targeting digitally savvy youth and campaign-specific audiences.
· Draft, coordinate and implement digital lifecycle engagement and marketing strategies for brand advocates and targeted influencers, starting at the onset/ideation phase.
· Manage paid media planning, content strategy, and campaign optimization, including overseeing social marketing budgets and reporting on campaign outcomes.
· Establish on-going reporting to inform UNICEF of progress in the digital lifecycle engagement strategy.
· Develop a governance model that enables transparent collaboration and informs communication strategies through real-time feedback from key audiences.
· Establish and maintain a cross-sectional, and longer-term cross-organizational, content-sharing strategy for input and distribution, including tool and process.
· Establish and co-manage an engagement platform/social constituency management system (social CRM) and community management tools for UNICEF, devising long-term strategy, overseeing technical implementation, and managing development budget and vendor/stakeholder relationships.
· Undertake cost/benefit and feasibility analysis of engagement technologies and tools and manage relationships with technology providers and vendors.
· Liaise with UNICEF stakeholders to receive buy-in from other sections.
· Facilitate the integration of overall social and digital communication efforts internally to Section, more broadly to the division, and beyond to relevant UN departments, agencies, funds, programs and relevant stakeholders.
· Manage strategic partnerships with external vendors, including but not limited to: Buzzfeed, Upworthy, Mashable, etc.
· Create partnerships with software/service providers and research groups.
· Provide guidance and leadership in creative and strategic communication initiatives for initiatives and campaigns.
· Support the social media editorial team to identify appropriate messaging and in moderation efforts.
· Conduct training and learning sessions.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/ experience required:
· 6+ years of experience in a CRM (or similar) role, with focus on consumer products.
· Implementation of mid- to large-scale development projects.
· Strong writing skills and experience with innovative reporting mechanisms.
· Strong awareness of social media communication and engagement behaviours.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and encourage an environment that is fast moving, entrepreneurial and accountable.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with continual focus process improvement.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and ability to present and communicate new projects to a varied audience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and also work independently.
· Ability to work in a networked organization and to collaborate with various departments and teams, promoting a respectful work environment while achieving results.
· Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation, and ability to relate to a young audience.
· Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
· Proven ability to coordinate online media hubs.
· Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing messages and priorities with multiple audiences.
· Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
· Training experience a plus.
· Experience in working for the UN, UNICEF or with International NGOs or global organisations a plus.
· Must have excellent command of English (native speaker preferred). Working knowledge of Spanish and/or French a plus.
· Master Degree in social science, international affairs, or communication.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 12 Sep 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘**Digital Engagement and Marketing Strategist'**, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-U.S. citizens must be in possession of a G4 visa or become a US permanent resident/citizen before the contract begins.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2016-09-12