Digital Marketing Officer
Reports to: Supporter Acquisition Programme Manager
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) www.icrc.org responds to worldwide humanitarian needs through its global network of delegations. The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
In order to ensure the predictable funding of its operations, the ICRC has set itself the goal to increase income from the general public. The Digital Marketing Officer will join our fundraising team, building on the groundwork that has already been put in place to ensure 2017 is a transformational year. Our objective is to create best practice digital user experience and conversion response.
The postholder will work closely and transversally with colleagues in Private Fundraising, whilst based part time within the ICRC's Digital Communications Unit in order to provide the vital link between the two areas of expertise. The role will be responsible for our email marketing campaigns and list growth and the testing and development of our fundraising pages on icrc.org. They will be responsible for optimizing our user experience journey for donors on icrc.org. Putting the user at the centre of the digital donation experience.
- Create, develop and track email campaigns to ultimately increase the digital fundraising email marketing success. Including creating the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email and content.
- Grow our email subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that's aligned with their needs and interests.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Communication Unit to produce relevant content that meets the needs of our audience.
- Manage the content of the fundraising pages on icrc.org, including improving and updating content via the CMS.
- Test new development on the ICRC website and donation form, ensuring the pages and form are working correctly at all times
- Develop and execute conversion optimization strategy with a goal of optimising conversion rate and increased income on icrc.org through use of Optimizely, web analytics, and user experience enhancement.
- Liaise with key internal and external suppliers. Ensure industry standards and best practices are implemented and evolves partnerships as needed.
- Prepare and create appeals in cases of emergencies.
- Monitor and update the digital fundraising KPI report for use by the Private Fundraising team to track progress of digital activities on a monthly basis. Feed into the monthly digital engagement report produced by the Digital Communications Unit.
- Ensure that the ICRC's Ethical Policy and policy regarding use of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Emblems are followed at all times. Taking the advice of senior staff when appropriate.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- At least 3 years digital marketing experience
- Including, 1-2 years of creating content for the web and/or email marketing
- Experience of UX usability and conversion funnel optimization
- Experience with tools such as Drupal, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Optimzely and the top social channels
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience of working in the following areas are an asset:
international e-commerce or fundraising
international humanitarian organizations
the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form). Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- At ease with CMS systems
- Good understanding of the technical environment of a website
- Experience and domain knowledge in manual testing. Can execute tests thoroughly to ensure quality
- Understands the customer/ donor decision journey and pinpoint the most efficient test parameters.
- Experience with interacting and negotiating with suppliers/ agencies and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work against tight deadlines and budgets in a fast-paced environment, keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience evaluating and advising the use of new technologies, staying at the forefront of digital trends and best practices
- Fluent English essential, French highly desirable.
For further details (detailed job description), please contact Felicity Pointer (PRIV_SUP).
Interested persons fulfilling the above criteria should send their applications (in English) by Friday, 7th October 2016 (letter of motivation and CV/resume) to the following address: email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please put : ''PRIV/SUP – Digital Marketing Officer – Application''.
Only applications sent to this email address will be considered. If you do not receive a reply within one month, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-10-07