Information Management Officer (DTM)
Erbil | Iraq (Iraq)
Position Title : Information Management Officer (DTM)
Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 September 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the DTM Programme Coordinator, and in close coordination with Head of Erbil Hub, the successful candidate is responsible for the planning, coordination, supervision and implementation of information management activities at IOM office in Erbil in relation to IOM’s humanitarian response to Iraq Displacement, including support on Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster Information Management activities, the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix, and other IOM’s humanitarian assistance operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Implement the integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed in Erbil.
Ensure that the implementation of the information management systems and application adhere to Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Policies and Standards.
Support the effective Displacement Tracking projects implementation; ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines; prepare project status and progress reports.
Ensure the effective use of the designated information system, including CCCM portal, DTM portal and application tools, and other databases to manage the implementation of information management mechanism.
Support in the supervision of data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data from Amman database unit to Erbil as well as processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data and information locally.
Support the planning, designing and implementation of mission’s Information Management
Systems and reporting tools.
Assist and promote the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping by ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
Ensure timely preparation and generation of local level information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
Identify gaps on data and information relevant to the emergency response operation and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs.
Develop and conduct training modules for the stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanism to ensure smooth roll out.
Coordinate the development and enhancement of the integrated, methodology for data collection and information packing as required and needed by programmes.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products;
• In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
• Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
• Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
• Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures;
• Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
• Experience with handling confidential data;
• Demonstrated team-building and information management skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
• Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
• Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Kurdish or Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 08.09.2016 to 21.09.2016
Requisition: SVN 2016/96 (P) - Information Management Officer (DTM) (P2) - Erbil, Iraq (54856439) Released
Posting: Posting NC54856450 (54856450) Released S
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil | Iraq (Iraq)
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-09-21