Consultant-Displacement Tracking& Monitoring (DTM) Information Management Officer
Erbil | Iraq
Position Title : Consultant-Displacement Tracking& Monitoring (DTM)
Information Management Officer
Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq
Classification : Consultant,
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : as soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 September 2016
Reference Code: CON 2016/28
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration
and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM
is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the DTM
Programme Coordinator, and in close coordination with the IOM Information Management team,
the successful candidate is responsible for the planning, coordination, supervision and
implementation of information management activities in relation to IOM’s humanitarian response
to Iraq Displacement, including support on CCCM Cluster IM activities, the implementation of
Displacement Tracking Matrix, and other IOM’s humanitarian assistance operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage work of the DTM GIS unit including workload distribution among staff, deadlines are met and deliverables are in line with agreed standards.
- Propose, design, and implement geographic data management system and workflow to be utilized by the entire IOM Iraq mission; propose, design, and implement actions to improve GIS data quality.
- Produce and validate all GIS outputs and similar products and ensure they follow the field’s best practices.
- Communicate with partners including UN Agencies, NGOs, Governmental bodies and others in matters related to data and information management, sharing and publication.
- Carry out thematic statistical data analysis as required
- Implement the integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed in Erbil.
- Ensure the effective use of the designated information system, including CCCM portal, DTM portal and application tools, and other databases to manage the implementation of information management mechanism.
- Support in supervision of the data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data from Amman database unit to Erbil as well as processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data and information locally.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance tasks, in particular in relation to GIS data, to ensure high data quality throughout the entire data management pipeline from the moment of collection to publication
- Support the planning, designing and implementation of mission’s Information Management Systems and reporting tools.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of local level information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
- Identify gaps on data and information relevant to the emergency response operation and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs.
- Develop and conduct training modules for the stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanism to ensure smooth roll out.
- Participate in hub level Inter-Cluster Information Management Working Group and other relevant working groups and support in liaising with external partners locally in relation to information management needs and coordination.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Master's degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Information Management/Information Systems, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or any discipline related to Information Management from an accredited academic institution;
Three years professional experience (or two years professional experience for candidates holding a first level university degree) in Information Management including minimum 1 year of experience in the emergency humanitarian operations.Experience
Experience in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures;
Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse data sets;
Experience with handling confidential data;
Demonstrated team-building and information management skills;
Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
Understanding of relational data theory; and
Advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 27 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on
your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 13.09.2016 to 27.09.2016
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil | Iraq
- Grade: Mid level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-09-27