Women Roster for Assistant Storekeeper
Yangon and Field Offices | Yangon
Announcement of Stand-By Roster for Women Employees
Post Title : Assistant Storekeeper
Contract type : GS-3 (Service Contract/Fixed Term)
Number of Positions : As per need
Duty Station : Yangon
: Sittwe, Maungdaw
: Lashio, Pang Kham
: Hakha, Kalay, Pakokku
: Myitkyina, Mawlamyine
Validity of Roster : November 2016 to October 2017
Period of Services : Variable from 1 month to 12 months
(Extension will be subject to operational requirement)
Deadline for Application : 7 October 2016
The purpose of the Stand-By Roster is empowering women workforce participation at World Food Program in Myanmar and, therefore, qualified women are invited for the inclusion in the Stand-By Roster for the post of Assistant Storekeeper at different duty stations in WFP Myanmar.
Assistant Storekeepers are primarily responsible for supporting receipt/ dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigating losses, and supporting the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
· Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
· Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
· Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
· Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
· Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
· Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
Completion of secondary education and supplemented with experience or additional education in related field will be an added advantage.
Desired Experiences for Entry Into the Role:
Preferable to have two or more years of work experience in the related fields with following experiences;
· Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
· Experience in supporting warehouse management.
· Experience in supporting inventory management.
· Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Training and/or experience using WFP software; knowledge of WFP regulations, rules and policies and procedures in the area of work is an asset.
Must have good command in both oral and written English and Myanmar. Ability to speak in local language will be an added advantage.
The interested candidates should submit a brief CV (or) UN P11 form and one page motivation letter by 7 October 2016. Most qualified candidates will be invited for further assessment such as written test and interview etc. The outcomes of the assessment will determine the inclusion in the stand-by roster.
Candidates qualifying for the stand-by roster will be invited for final assessment when the vacant post is in place. The eligibility in the roster is valid only for the period of 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2017 and is subject to continuous successful performance.
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Stand-By Roster for Assistant Storekeeper
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remark: Please mention the desired duty station in the application.
(This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Women Only)
Note: Applications are invited for Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.