Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) & Gender Advisor
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision is a relief, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) & Gender Advisor you will have overall responsibility for providing coordination and leadership for monitoring and evaluation of this project and thus lead the design and roll out the consortium’s M&E framework and tools, in line with reporting requirements, ensuring that the progress, outputs and lessons learned of the project are effectively tracked, documented and shared. The main objective of this position is to ensure that data on project beneficiaries, processes, progress and performance are effectively collected, entered, analyzed and documented for the WIT project, in a way to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures, and to ensure coordination of all processes across the consortium.
- Master’s degree preferably in the field of social sciences, public health, nutrition, statistics or development studies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of MEL, ideally should include development & emergency context and grant funding is critical.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with gender mainstreaming through MEL systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Proven experience in establishing a fully functional MEL system for an organization that is supported by bilateral & multilateral international donors serving more than 100,000 beneficiaries within a period of 12 months.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 08 October 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.