Office support manager
DanChurchAid (DCA) is currently looking for an Office Support Manager (OSM) for its Humanitarian Mine Action programme in Bangui, CAR. DCA is offering a job that will make a difference and improve the lives of people living at risk from Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) and Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW), and assist in the reconstruction of local communities after conflict.
The OSM is overall responsible for financial, budget, administrative and logistic management in the mine action programme and reports to the Programme Manager (PM). He/she ensures efficient communication, coordination and planning across support teams and is responsible for capacity building of senior support staff.
- Ensure daily recording of expenditures in accordance with international standards
- Ensure that the programme expenditures are in line with project budgets
- Establish/follow procedures for monitoring and reporting of these expenditures to the donors, the PM, and headquarter (HQ)
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to the donors
- Read and understand donor contracts and donor requirements for financial management, eligibility of expenditures and reporting
- Responsible for preparation of overall programme budget and donor budgets in cooperation with the Management Team
- Implement financial policies and procedures, as per donor and DCA requirements
- Manage and monitor cash flow
- Ensure transparent day-to-day and cumulative budget monitoring
- Ensure that the finance unit effectively meets the needs of operational staff to deliver high quality assistance to beneficiaries
- Management and development of the administrative support systems for the programme
- Oversee administrative personnel procedures and maintain personnel files
- Ensure that staff disciplinary actions in the programme are executed in accordance with DCA Staff Policies and the Labour Law.
- Assist and support recruitment and contracting of national staff as provided for in the project budgets
- Monitor that DCA policies, guidelines and Code of Conduct are implemented, and that DCA operates in compliance with local labour laws
- Ensure that new staff and visitors are assisted with travel planning and in obtaining necessary immigration documents
- Provide briefings and updates on administrative matters to the PM and the HQ
- Supervise national financial, administrative and logistic staff
- Promote team building and good working environment
- Capacity and competence building of national financial, administrative and logistic staff
- Ensure that procurement is done according to donor requirements and in compliance with DCA Procurement manual
- Ensure that equipment and cars used by the Operations department are functional
- Supervise and oversee logistics department, particularly in terms of support to the field
- Supervise the international procurement in coordination with the HQ Procurement/Logistic Officer
- Ensure that logistics manual is adhered to within the programme
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Relevant bachelor's or master's degree (i.e. finance, economics, business, management or other relevant subject)
- Essential: Fluency in spoken and written French and English
- At least 3 years working experience in a financial/administrative/logistic management capacity preferably with an international non-governmental organisation (INGO)
- Good knowledge of accounting and logistic management
- Previous experience of working in developing countries, specifically in Africa, is mandatory
- Proven skills in inspiring, motivating, guiding and managing teams.
- Experience from working with financial software systems
- Good understanding of and familiarity with the principles of the international financial standards
- Proven ability to understand and adapt to local customs and cultural settings
- Diplomatic, patient and persistent personality
- Ability to manage resources to optimize results
- Ability to handle insecure environments
- A one-year contract starting on December 1, 2016.
- Competitive salary and conditions in accordance with DCA's staff handbook for non-family positions
- Rest and recuperation policy, 6 weeks of annual leave
- Comprehensive insurance
- An interesting and challenging experience addressing humanitarian needs
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date of application is November 1, 2016. Interviews are expected to take place the following week. Required attachments: CV, Motivation letter and proof of qualifications. CVs without application/motivation letter will not be considered.
To apply online, please go to "Get involved" at www.danchurchaid.org
- Organization: DCA - DanChurchAid
- Location: Bangui
- Grade: Mid level
- Mine Action
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-31