Information Systems Assistant - Service Desk Agent
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
This position is located in the Enterprise Applications Centre-NY, Office of Information and Communications Technology, Department of Management. Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent reports to the Project Manager.
The Service Desk Agent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as team member in the planning, development, implementation of Tier 1 support of enterprise applications, such as Umoja, Inspira, EIDMS, etc; independently liaises with users to further define and specify support requirements, by reviewing iNeed tickets and work orders;
- Installs and trouble shoots standard software applications software using remote tools such as Go-to-Assist ; monitors Service Desk response time against pre-defined key performance indicators using appropriate monitoring tools with and produces monitoring reports;
- Prepares technical and user documentation including SOPs for deployed enterprise applications, as well as training materials for service desk agents and conducts technical presentations;
- Provides user support for deployed enterprise applications; performs on-going reviews with users and escalates problems to Tier 2 and responds to users requests;
- Drafts correspondence and communications, including work plan revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports;
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedite enterprise applications support projects, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference; processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to project implementation, e.g. organization of and participation in training, procurement of equipment and services, etc;
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of service management; performs bench marking and proposes new and streamlined processes, as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.by colleagues as well as partners as a fair and transparent individual;
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is desirable. A higher education of Master's degree or Bachelor's degree can replace for some of the required years of relevant experience.
A minimum of six years of experience in SAP or Umoja, Microsoft Office and web-based applications is required. Experience with the United Nations Common System is desirable.
Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Interested candidates can apply through the following link:
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-10-02