Special Events Volunteer
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
UNICEF: Brand Building
Special Events Volunteer
UNICEF Division of Communications is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as a Special Event Volunteer in our Brand Building Division. The Special Events Volunteer will have a diverse set of responsibilities including assisting with Special events logistics and coordination, Brand Building and Social Media Engagement. Additionally, s/he will work to promote engagement in public facing Communications. For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the international community in event planning and communications in the United Nations system.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with upcoming 70th Anniversary Special Events
· Assist with social Media Engagement
· Assist with event related logistics including but not limited to signage creation, invitations, reports, guest name tracking, excel spreadsheets of invitees, volunteer management, day of logistics, badging, meeting notes, updating and creating organizations documents related to the event.
· Vendor research, for special events, merchandise, and other related projects;
· Clerical Duties, including electronic filing, data entry, and assembling information/guest information packages etc.;
· Research on potential foundations, partners and individuals;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Full knowledge of Microsoft systems, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
· Strong experience with Social Media engagement and Keynote
· Experience with writing, editing and research required
· Ability to learn new project management software systems
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Knowledge of varied software platforms (MAC, DOS)
· IMovie/Final cut pro editing is an advantage
· Photoshop skills are an advantage
- Interest in humanitarianism and international development an advantage
- Experience with UNICEF and/or UN system is an advantage
· An Additional UN language is an advantage
College Degree preferred in Communications, PR, Marketing, Film, International Relations or relevant field.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well with an energetic team
• Organized and efficient
• Articulate with good presence
• Able to multi-task
24-48 hours/week. Schedule is Flexible.
Volunteers are unpaid.
To Apply send CV, Cover Letter and any relevant documents to email@example.com before 7th October 2016
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Closing Date: 2016-10-07