Senior Director, Strategic Information and Knowledge Management
The Senior Director for Strategic Information and Knowledge Management will provide vision, direction, leadership and management for a USAID-funded maternal and newborn health project in Indonesia. The Senior Director will lead the team responsible for overseeing surveillance, evaluation, project monitoring and project-wide knowledge sharing, ensuring that information and evidence is relevant to meet project and stakeholder needs and shared effectively internally and externally.
S/He will oversee and ensure strong integration among senior staff and partners implementing surveillance, M&E and knowledge management activities. S/He will provide catalytic support for system improvements by overseeing management of critical information and evidence to inform program and policy decisions at all levels, and design processes that facilitate the use of best information and evidence in program and policy decisions. S/He will coordinate with other USAID-funded cooperating agencies, other donors and contractors, key program partners, industry and academic institutions and in-country stakeholders to capture evidence and market feedback, and utilize this information to support effective decision-making and mission-driven activities. S/He will also be responsible for ensuring high-quality project monitoring, data processing and management, and data analysis and use.
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Provide technical and strategic direction in the capture, analysis and dissemination of project-generated evidence
- Develop processes, expectations, and capabilities to ensure that critical knowledge assests are shared and re-used within the program team and amongst stakeholders
- Coordinate partners and lead staff in effective monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborate with USAID, other donors and contractors, industries, and academic and research institutions to share evidence and provide feedback to project
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for implementing a process to continually update and refine knowledge of MNH priorities
- Provide guidance to devise a system through which essential market information is collected, analyzed and disseminated on a regular basis
- Provide guidance and leadership for setting up a robust M&E system to observe changes within and across technical areas, and assess the overall improvement in the health system performance as well as changes in interconnected functions of the system
- Direct monitoring and evaluation team in managing and utilizing data systems
- Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring, surveillance, and evaluation to increase project impact
- Provide oversight and accountability to achieve greatest possible impact of maternal and newborn health activities
Doctoral degree in a relevant field (e.g. epidemiology or public health) and at least 10 years of work experience OR
Master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 15 years of work experience
15+ years’ combined experience in directing and managing teams in relevant areas.
Prior experience with presenting at conferences and with publishing in peer reviewed journals
Demonstrated understanding of principles of knowledge management, including an understanding of the linkages and points of intersection across M&E and KM.
Demonstrated experience managing and leading monitoring and evaluations activities for large-scale, complex health programs in a developing country context, as well as experience managing research
Demonstrated international credibility as a leader in public health, with knowledge of USAID Bureau for Global Health priority focus areas
Proven skill interacting with senior-level representative of developing country governments, international organization, bilateral donors, civil society and private-sector organizations
Excellent decision making and interpersonal skill
Able to think strategically and to balance rigor with pragmatism
Ability to work with diverse international teams
Effective oral and written English require
Ability to travel internationally
- Bahasa Indonesia communication skills preferred
Position #: 2016-2674
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
- Organization: Jhpiego - Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Education, Learning and Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30