ICLA Information Management Tech Officer (National position)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Middle East is responding to the Syria crisis, assisting refugees in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq as well as people displaced inside Syria. We work in shelter, emergency distributions, education, water and sanitation and legal assistance. Our response on the ground has grown rapidly with the dramatic rise in displacement and we now have around 1,200 staff members working on the regional response to the Syria crisis.
NRC is looking to recruit an experienced Information Management Officer for the Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Porgramme for our Syria Response Office, located in Amman, Jordan.
Our ideal candidate is: A bachelor graduated with experience in M&E, information management techniques and establishing information management systems
In this position you will join highly motivated staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
. Support the work of the ICLA technical staff through the development and maintenance of an up-to-date ICLA database
- Produce regular, high quality qualitative and quantitative reports as required
- Ensure the timely and accurate uploading of all data collected by ICLA staff onto the database
· Oversee the operation of the database and Mobenzi data collection software, conducting repairs, updates and improvements as required
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the ICLA team’s data collection methods and tools
· Conduct regular trainings for ICLA staff to improve the quality of the data being collected
· Provide quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, identifying and addressing errors in collection or input
· Support and contribute to the development of data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flows
· Liaise with other staff and partners to understand IM needs and best practice
· Design and maintain information management database and tools to address ICLA IM needs
· Responsible for developing and ensuring the effective use of field feedback mechanism
· Support the analysis, reporting and visualization of program data needed for different reporting
· Ensure that IM related data to ICLA is up to date at all time (e.g. this includes 4Ws, beneficiary database, project (implementing partner) database)
Candidates should be free of any impediments to travel in the geographic areas of the Middle East.
We can offer up to a 12 months contract
For further details please see the Job Description attached.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman (Jordan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-20