Leadership Pool Initiative - International Operations Manager
UNFPA is seeking candidates for our innovative Leadership Pool initiative. Candidates who apply for one or more job types in the Leadership Pool are competing to participate in a comprehensive assessment process, and if successful will become a member of UNFPA’s Leadership Pool - a pre-assessed group of candidates used as the source for filling future international rotation posts vacancies within UNFPA. Candidates should apply for all job types for which they are interested in being assessed.
After being assessed and found ready for one or more Leadership Pool job types, Pool members will benefit from individualized career advice and provision of tailored development opportunities to enhance their readiness to assume leadership posts. When rotational post vacancies arise in a particular job type, Pool members who were successfully assessed for that job type will be contacted and invited to indicate their interest in being selected for the vacancy. During the course of their service with UNFPA, international rotational staff are expected to serve in a variety of functions and locations including hardship and non-family duty stations.
Advanced university degree in business administration, public administration, finance, human resources, information technology or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance or office management;
- Solid knowledge in financial and human resource management, contrcat, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, and general administration;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems;
- Initiative; strong conceptual abilities; sound judgment; strong interest in development work, especially the mission of UNFPA; and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
- Experience in a humanitarian or crisis context is an asset.
Fluency in English. Depending on the duty station, another UN language such as French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian may be required.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Multiple
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-11-09