Administration/Operations Officer- 1 Vacancy based in Gulu/Lira/Oyam; Location To Be Determined (Open to Ugandan Nationals Only)
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
We were recently awarded funding for a 2-year PEPFAR DREAMS program, Cultivating Safe Work, Life Skills and Market Connections to Decrease HIV Risk for Young Women (SKY) seeking to address the growing rate of HIV/AIDS among young women (ages 19 -24) who engage in transactional sex in the Gulu, Lira and Oyam Districts. SKY will reduce 4,500 young women’s reliance on transactional sex by providing them the skills, confidence and connections needed to achieve steady employment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Administration/Operations Officer will be responsible for providing oversight to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming; Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative and operations work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations;
Understand all MC policies and program needs; help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs;
Enforce adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff;
Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, telephones;
Oversee procurement functions for the MC office (Gulu, Lira, Oyam – TBD);
Maintain and manage Petty Cash for the office;
Prepare duty roster for the cleaners, as well as managing any security or driver staff; day to day supervision of property management including cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all MC SKY staff in maintaining a central filing system;
Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for SKY – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff and other MC Offices;
Maintaining office supply records and ensuring that stock records are properly maintained and updated;
Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets for processing of payroll;
Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with office administration including HR, Procurement, and IT;
· Must possess a minimum of a degree in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field;
· Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline;
· Good writing and communications skills;
· Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff;
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
· Strong ability to innovatively solve problems;
· computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
· A good team player, with good communication and diplomatic skills.
· Good analytical and information management skills.
· Good organizational skills and ability to work under stress.
· Flexible and creative in planning and problem solving.
· Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Skill in maintaining professional internal and external relationships.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information both for the staff and the organization.
Applications: Submit your application through email to email@example.com addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Monday, 17th October, 2016. Subject of email should include the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kampala
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-17