Washington DC | Washington D.C.
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking an energetic and talented Proposal Recruiter to join a vibrant team and lead the recruitment process for proposal development and project implementation. The Proposal Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of talent at all levels; creative sourcing techniques; relationship management; developing and executing highly effective best practice sourcing.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Associate Vice President, New Business. Some international travel may be necessary for the purpose of new business recruitment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs full, life-cycle recruitment, from sourcing to hiring, for proposal staffing and long-term project positions. Recruiting efforts include expatriate and third and local host country nationals for long and short term positions;
• Implement strategies to develop a pool / pipeline of highly qualified candidates in advance of need including Chiefs of Party (COP) and long/short term technical and management specialists;
• Identify key recruitment factors and determine strategies for winning proposal recruitment; Provide internal IESC recruitment training and mentorship of program operations staff for more effective proposal recruitment;
• Utilize the candidate database management tracking system – Taleo and implement proposal recruitment best practices that enable IESC to perform all recruitment functions with high degree of quality and efficiency.
• Work collaboratively with Practice Area Leads and the Heads of New Business to design and implement competitive recruitment strategies for IESC proposals. Includes: aligning project organizational structure with technical requirements of the solicitation, identifying criteria and scopes of work for personnel, drafting staffing plans, and negotiating competitive salary and developing staffing guidelines;
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
• Network with peer firms and complementary partner institutions for recruitment purposes;
• Assist with organizing IESC’s participation at industry events and job fairs and represent IESC at appropriate recruitment events and professional conferences;
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree;
• At least 4 years of recruiting experience; international development industry/USAID preferred;
• Superior communications skills, verbal and written; Understanding of proposal processes; knowledge of USAID, USDA, DOS is an advantage
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational skills and initiative;
• Exposure to interviewing techniques, knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment;
• Familiarity with basic Human Resources principles and regulations;
• Proficient computer knowledge (MS Office applications, including Word and Excel);
• Knowledge and experience using Taleo a plus;
• Fluency in English required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to: maintain confidential information in a professional manner; produce results, prioritize and perform a variety of tasks meeting demanding deadlines; and work under pressure.
Preference will be given to candidates with exposure to living or working in a developing country / recruitment experience in an international organization. Only finalists will be contacted.
To apply please click the following link to our career center:
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Washington DC | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-12-01