Information Management Consultant
We are looking for a highly qualified qualified candidates who has the skills to engage in our organization
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical database design/development support (including initial design and maintenance/upgrade) to ensure the database is live and fully operational by end-November 2016 which include:
• Development of a software to manage distributions;
• Development of a software/ tracking system to organize, help follow up on, and report on referrals made for humanitarian admission;
• Electronic archiving of information/ documents related to the add-on of newborns, which is an exercise conducted on a daily basis in four registration centers in Lebanon;
• Review alternative systems and tools to provide advice/recommendations to in-house development team;
• Implement database change controls/logs;
• At the direction and in coordination with the line manager, produce written/visual support materials (such as schema design/documentation) to ensure adequate documentation of design process and core functions – for technical and non-technical audiences;
• Provide training toMoSA Beirut and field teams on systems developed;
• Provide DRC with two progress reports, one addressing achievements by mid-consultancy (mid of December), and the second addressing achievements and recommendations due by the end of the consultancy (TBD);
• Ensure timely delivery of weekly work plans, sent by the line manageron each Friday in line with database development/maintenance/upgrade priorities.
• Other duties as agreed with line manager in line with objectives above and weekly work plans.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Technical degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or other relevant field.
• At least three years’ experience in database design/development and web development;
• Experience in designing/developing integrated data management systems that include mobile application collection technology (ODK), database (postgreSQL, MySQL, MSQL), and online platform (WaveMaker, Angular JS, PHP, Node JS);
• Experience integrating analytical software (such as Tableau) with data management systems;
• Experience in performance tuning and index maintenance to meet/support needs of in-house development team (using specified software/applications above);
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including technical/non-technical audiences, from inception/design to launch/training phases;
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 40-60 days consultancy contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from November 2016 and be willing and able to work in Beirut.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Daily Rate will be based on experience and qualifications.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 8th of November 2016. The interviews are expected to take place in the following weeks.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General - Senior Executive level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-11-08