Senior Manager, Grants and Compliance
Arlington (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Grants and Compliance for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded global opportunity to protect and promote the rights of vulnerable and marginalized populations and expand access to opportunities that support their full participation in society. The Grants and Compliance Senior Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of a sub-grants program providing funding to a range of organizations promoting inclusive development. An ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing large and complex sub-grants portfolios and a comprehensive understanding of US government (USG) rules and regulations related to the grants selection process and sub-grantee compliance. This is a proposal position based in Arlington, VA, contingent upon funding, and will report to the Program Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up grants management systems and tools for the project, including a grants manual and related grant documents and templates, in compliance with USAID regulations and Counterpart policies.
• Design grants solicitations, manage the selection, pre-award assessment vetting, and award of the sub-grants.
• Manage sub-grantee agreements and modifications.
• Ensure accurate grant closeout procedures.
• Supervise the grant team’s review of financial and program reports for submission to the Program Director, as well as documentation to ensure that grantees meet both Counterpart and USAID rules and regulations.
• Monitor sub-grantee performance and burn rate, and provide capacity building support as needed including training on USAID financial management regulations, financial reporting procedures; identify financial weaknesses and/or internal control deficiencies, if required.
• Maintain grants tracker and provide regular updates to project staff and HQ with up to date information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Program Administration, Organizational Development, Economics, Accounting or other related field of study.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with international development organizations.
• At least eight (8) years’ work experience with complex USAID awards (assistance and acquisition) and working knowledge and ability to interpret and apply 2 CFR 200/700 and USAID Standard Provisions.
• At least eight (8) years managing grants and contracts to local and regional organizations, and providing technical assistance.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi task and under pressure with attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as with external stakeholders including USAID, partners, and project beneficiaries.
• Advanced professional proficiency in English.
• Master’s Degree in one of the fields above.
• Professional proficiency in a second language preferred.
• Demonstrated record of working with and supporting the needs vulnerable and marginalized communities.
- Organization: Counterpart International
- Location: Arlington (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Operations and Administrations
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2016-11-28