Cash Programming Officer
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information, please visit www.wvi.org
Position Title: Cash Programming Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The cash programming officer will work under the supervision of the Cash Based Programming Manager who has the overall responsibility for designing implementation; coordinating, overseeing and monitoring cash assistance activities, ensuring that objective are met through the effective and efficient implementation of cash based program, as well as capacity building support to WV staff and its local partners. The cash & voucher programming officer will regularly attend Basic need Working Group meetings chaired by UNCHR to keep abreast of emerging issues and standards in cash based programming. Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to the following
Programming & Operations
- Adopt and maintain relevant standard operational procedures (SOP) for cash interventions.
- Monitoring Cash and Vouchers distributions and Ensure activities implemented as per approved Cash Programming Standard.
- Ensure adherence to World Vision International policies and donor requirements.
- Involve and inform communities about the relevant Project Activities.
- Provide high level of Coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and Share beneficiaries’ database(s) on regular basis with the concerned departments.
- Follow up and Resolve the queries in conjunction of Accountability department and/or other departments.
- Work-closely with the contracted bank for monthly reconciliation.
- Conduct field visits on monthly basis and maintain the MOVs for official record.
- Conduct field visit prior to any planned distribution of Cash programming instruments to ensure the amenities and minimum distribution standards as per WVI distribution mechanism and strategy.
- Adhere to the weekly and monthly reporting deadline advised by the line manager.
- Main project related MOVs on monthly basis for review by line manager and audit purposes.
- Ensure compliance within project systems and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
Organization, administration and personnel management
- Overall coordination of operational staff dedicated to cash assistance.
- Organize and/or facilitate technical trainings for and partner’s staff.
- Any other duties as agreed with the supervisor.
- All responsibilities need to be executed in an unbiased and transparent manner. The position requires self-discipline to work independently.
University degree in Social, humanitarian aid or a relevant field.
Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field of food security and/or cash and voucher-based programming.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation, good interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation skills
- Culture sensitive
- Prioritization and time management
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, ability to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, negotiation and promotion Experience in dealing with a local NGO partner in project implementation.
- Excellent computer and database are essential
- Prior distribution management experience
- Good organizer, pro-active and dynamic with the right portion of common sense.
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write "Cash Programming Officer - WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.