Cash Transfer Project Coordinator (National Position) - Sulaimanyah - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, and emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Cash Transfer Project Coordinator position is to implement the cash transfer project in Sulaimanyah.
- Contribute to cash programming strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Cash projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from Project manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to Project Manager, Area Manager and Cash Specialist if no PM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Experience from working as a Cash Transfer Project Coordinator implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good understanding of the political context in Iraq, with focus on conflict zones.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the areas of operational interests.
- Fluent in Arabic both spoken and writing. Kurdish language is an asset.
- Social studies
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven.
- Flexible and creative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Handling insecure environments.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing performance and development.
- Planning and delivering results.
- The post will be for 3 months contract duration (with possible extension). The salary starts from IQD 3,374,200 with health insurance.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sulaimanyah
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2016-11-22