Area Program Manager
We are looking for a highly qualifiedcandiadate who can fit the position of Area Program Managerin DRC Bekaa Office
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operatingin the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The Area Programme Manager (APM) is responsible for thedevelopment and implementation of the DRC programme in the DRC region of implementation (Bekaa). S/he will ensure the programme is delivered to a high quality in line with DRC’s, donor’s and international standards. S/he will ensure good coordination with other actors in the Area and between DRC’s programmatic sector teams. S/he is the line manager for sector managers and s/he is responsible for ensuring a results oriented team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as the primary DRC programme representative in the Area and attend or ensure attendance, as appropriate, all relevant programmatic coordination fora/meetings;
• Maintain close working relationships with donors, national and international organizations and local counterparts; and support donor, and other key stakeholders, visits to field sites as required.
• Line manage sector managers ensuring that they have relevant work plans, job descriptions and that performance reviews take place. Ensure inter-department co-ordination; enable an effective team through results oriented management systems, providing leadership, on-job capacity building and designing staff development strategies. Ensure implementation of detailed capacity building plans for national sector managers and officers;
• Provide regular analysis on the context and humanitarian situation in the area for the development of project proposals; and lead on proposal development in the area of operation, drafting inputs to, or whole proposals, as requested by Head of Programmes;
• Lead on programmatic financial planning and budget management; Supervise budget management and forecast of Sector managers and hold monthly grant review and FFU meetings in coordination with the Area Admin, Finance and HR Manager, and share feedback with Beirut office;
• Ensure quality implementation of programs ensuring optimal use of financial resources, regular project follow up, reporting, in compliance with donor contracts and DRC rules and regulations; and ensure programmes are regularly and comprehensively monitored, and monitoring tools e.g. IPT and Activity Info updated. Regularly visit field activities;
• Ensure programme staff follow DRC’s safety rules, regulations and SOPs and develop risk assessments and mitigating measures for programme activities as required.
• Ensure programmatic adherence to DRC policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices, including commitments under the CHIF; and take measures to strengthen accountability to beneficiaries
To be successful in this role you must haveminimum 5 years’ management experience in overseeing humanitarian and development multi-sector, multi-donor programmes in complex environments
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Proven experience in all aspects of program management including program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Proven excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English essential. Excellent report writing skills is a must
• Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC;
“Ideally, you will also have…”
• Experience working within Lebanon or the Middle East region
• Proficiency in Arabic
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 12th of December and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A13 for expats and 4100 USD Basic Salary for National Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must bein the same language as this vacancy note.CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 20th November 2016. The interviews are expected to take place the week after
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Bekaa
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General - Senior Executive level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-01-18