Deputy Camp Manager
Qayyarah/Erbil- National Contract
The Deputy Camp Manager’s main objective is to assist the Camp Manager to ensure the timely and effective running of all activities in the camp so that camp residents’ basic rights are upheld.
- Reports to: Camp Manager
- Subordinates: N/A
The Deputy Camp Manager assists the Camp Manager to complete the following tasks:
- Overseeing all of DRC’s camp management activities in the camp.
- Managing the camp management team. This includes coaching and support, creating work plans for the team, and recruitment as needed.
- Overseeing coordination among all actors in the camp, including government representatives, UN agencies, international national NGOs and other service providers and refugee groups by leading and developing the existing coordination mechanisms.
- Monitoring, in close collaboration with the relevant Project Managers, all activities implemented by DRC in the camp. Ensuring all activities respect international standards for each sector.
- Assisting with all procurements and logistical arrangements related to the Camp, in collaboration with DRC procurement and logistics staff.
- Managing/supporting any community services, youth activities, protection support and similar humanitarian programmes that may be undertaken in the camp.
- Developing and applying a strong camp-wide communication strategy to ensure information is being effectively disseminated to all camp residents using a variety of mediums.
- Actively supporting information gathering and participatory assessments undertaken within the camp.
- Maintaining and strengthening key relationships with camp and government leaders in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Providing feedback and reports to the Senior Camp Manager regarding work plans, contingency plans and general program implementation.
- Assisting the HR and Safety departments in all matters relevant to the camp.
- Approximately 2 years of professional experience with INGOs in an emergency context.
- Experience managing teams.
- Substantial experience operating in a camp environment, preferably undertaking camp management or related activities.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Experience engaging with external partners including with national NGOs, local/government authorities, INGOs and UN organisations.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
- Experience in community services, protection and similar humanitarian programmes highly advantageous.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Extensive knowledge of the Iraq displacement crisis.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Analytical Skills
- Planning and Organisation Skills
- Teamwork and staff management
- Initiative (proactive)
- Result-oriented and Accountability
- Spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
Interested? Apply for this position by clicking HERE then click Apply for position. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in English. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Qayyarah/Erbil- National Contract
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General - Senior Executive level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-11-25