ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON - LEBANON
ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON - LEBANON
With a specific interest and experience in reconstructive orthopaedic surgery
Purpose of the function
The Orthopaedic Surgeon, as part of an ICRC hospital team working in two hospital settings in Lebanon, performs safe reconstructive orthopedic procedures during elective surgeries (on exceptional basis for emergencies) for the benefit of trauma and weapon wounded.
S/he coaches and advises local orthopedic surgeons in orthopedic and reconstructive surgery and when necessary, undertakes surgical procedures. S/he provides on the job training and supervision to the resident orthopedic surgeons.
- Leads the surgical team in clinical practice in all activities related to her/his specialty.
- Ensures internationally recognized standards are achieved by validating ICRC clinical protocols, guidelines and evidence-based practice related to orthopedics.
- Together with the Anaesthetist, takes responsibility for the clinical management, pre-operative assessment and postoperative follow-up of patients
- Participates in the hospital emergency plan, if required.
- Identifies and prepares specific cases (eg. hip/knee joint replacement) in line with orthopedic care.
- Participates actively in team meetings, clinical case presentations and other discussions as necessary.
- In collaboration with the hospital project manager and/or Deputy Health Coordinator, represent the ICRC in front of authorities and organizations relevant to the hospital program.
- Registered specialist orthopedic surgeon with a specific interest in reconstructive orthopedic surgery.
- Minimum 5 years and recent experience working as an orthopedic surgeon with strong experience/ expertise in the treatment of patients suffering from infected nonunion.
- Valid license to practice in his/her own country of residence
- Familiar with limb injuries and their long term complications, including techniques such as the masquelet procedure and basic plastic principles of soft tissue management - pedicled flaps, etc...
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, developing and sharing knowledge on different care management models.
- Ability to work independently
- Open and transparent management skills
- Be able to demonstrate good leadership, flexibility and good sense of diplomacy
- Strong ability to teach and transfer skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Driving license for manual transmission vehicles
- Sensitive to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of French or Arabic in addition to English
- Previous experience with ICRC hospital projects and/or in international humanitarian environment
- Previous experience within the Red Cross & Red Crescent movement
Assignment: preferably 3 to 12 months.
What we offer
- Work for one of the main humanitarian organizations
- Opportunity to use your knowledge to help victims of conflict situations
- Competitive employment package
THANK YOU FOR APPLYING VIA OUR WEBSITE: https://www.icrc.org/eng/who-we-are/jobs/
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: USG, Under-Secretary-General
- Closing Date: