ABA ROLI Organization Capacity Assessment Expert
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in over 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative in Jordan seeks a Trafficking-in-Persons (TIP) expert to conduct an organizational capacity assessment of shelter services for TIP victims in Jordan.
To assess Jordan’s TIP shelter by-laws, policies, standard operation procedures, and intake protocols in relation to Jordanian laws and international best practices on the operation of facilities for victims of TIP and to gauge the capacity of shelter administrators and staff to adequately and efficiently identify and assist TIP victims.
The Assessment will include the following actions:
- Map out assistance and protection services for victims of TIP with an aim of strengthening coordination between the shelter and other service providers;
- Evaluate Jordan’s legal framework on the protection of and assistance to TIP victims;
- Measure the level of resources required to identify, protect, and assist TIP victims;
- Include concrete, action-oriented recommendations for improving victim assistance and protection.
- Have a postgraduate degree in social work, international relations, social sciences, law, development studies or a related field with proven experience working on counter-trafficking programs, with a focus on shelters, protection programs, or similar initiatives;
- Experience conducting assessments, reviews and evaluations;
- Experience implementing international donor-supported programs which must have included responsibilities for supervision of a team, financial management, and compliance;
- Fluency in English;
- Knowledge of Arabic plus;
- Travel to Jordan required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please visit: https://www.devex.com/jobs/aba-roli-organizational-capacity-assessment-expert-consultant-461806